Yamaha YPT-220 / PSR-E223 No sound, powers on

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I have Yamaha YPT-220 / PSR-E223. It powers on, respond to keys (i can see on the display that the proper keys are pressed). Unfortunately, there is no sound at all. I checked on headphones, speakers - nothing, no humming etc. Dead silent.

I read on one of the forums that replacing BA5417 might help, but after the replacement everything is still the same - no sound.
What could cause the problem? I checked and found out that two capacitors are shortened... I don't think they should be, but I am not sure (I am not a proffesional electronic technician, but I know how to replace resistors, capacitors, IC's etc).

Here is the video of the two elements that I found out are shortened...

What are your suggestions? What could help and what else should I check?

Thank you.

Attachments

• photo_2021-05-26_18-08-09.jpg
    photo_2021-05-26_18-08-09.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 110
Reaction score
How can I do that? I am not a professional repair technician, but I know the basics on how to use voltage meter and replace electronic elements.
Can you please give me a hint how to check that? I would be really greatful

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I have Yamaha YPT-220 / PSR-E223. It powers on, respond to keys (i can see on the display that the proper keys are pressed). Unfortunately, there is no sound at all. I checked on headphones, speakers - nothing, no humming etc. Dead silent.

I read on one of the forums that replacing BA5417 might help, but after the replacement everything is still the same - no sound.
What could cause the problem? I checked and found out that two capacitors are shortened... I don't think they should be, but I am not sure (I am not a proffesional electronic technician, but I know how to replace resistors, capacitors, IC's etc).

Here is the video of the two elements that I found out are shortened...

What are your suggestions? What could help and what else should I check?

Thank you.
I had the same problem. I took a multimeter and checked the capacitors in the ringing mode, one turned out to be punched. See the photo.

Attachments

• изображение_viber_2022-01-15_22-13-38-314.jpg
    изображение_viber_2022-01-15_22-13-38-314.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 119

Ask a Question