Yamaha

Reaction score
Hi this is John from Yamaha USA . If you have any questions we can help you with and you are in the USA please let me know.

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Welcome to the gang.

(You want to drop any hints about the keyboards that Yamaha's going to release over the next five to ten years? Timelines. Capabilities. Cost. We promise we won't share.)

Reaction score
Hi Fred, I'm sorry we can't release advanced product information but please keep checking on our website!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi John, welcome to the board.

I can't say I've ever been a big fan of Yamaha simply because they have never by any stretch of the imagination been what I would call "Linux friendly."

On the other hand we do get plenty of Yamaha related questions here and I'll happily fling those over your way.

Up until now Michael has been the closest thing we've had around here resembling a "Yamaha expert" so I think he'll be happy enough to lighten up his load.

Anyway, have fun and feel free to share a few personal details about yourself, like which boards you personally play and what styles of music?

Gary ;)

Fred Coulter

Reaction score
Hi Fred, I'm sorry we can't release advanced product information but please keep checking on our website!

Rereading my earlier post, you might have thought I was serious about you dropping hints as to upcoming keyboards. I know that you can't (and if you did, you'd probably be fired anyway). I was attempting humor.

I'm a member of a different forum, and the amount of predictions they make about the next generation of Yamaha keyboards is impressive. And inconsistent. And mutually exclusive.

Didn't the Bible say something about the worth of a prophet is measured by how well his prophesies come true?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
they have never by any stretch of the imagination been what I would call "Linux friendly."

As of the past few years at least, Yamaha has been making their USB-MIDI keyboards MIDI class compliant, so they should work with Linux with no problem; I know I've heard from at least one person who is happily using his PSR-E keyboard with his Linux computer. And the models that have actual MIDI DIN ports should also work with Linux.

Up until now Michael has been the closest thing we've had around here resembling a "Yamaha expert"

You forgot Ted Nicoson! He's been here longer than I have, and he knows quite a few things that I didn't. :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Be that as it may Michael but I've spoken to a couple of really snotty company reps online in the past few years and their answer was always "we do it the way we do it and we have no intention of officially supporting Linux in the future..." :p

If now market pressures have forced them to become class compliant all I can say is "too little too late."

I've bought gear from virtually every keyboard manufacturer out there but to this day the only Yamaha purchase I've ever made was a silver plated flute 40 years ago.

Highly unlikely I would ever buy from them in the future as well. :eek:

Gary ;)

Fred Coulter

Reaction score
to this day the only Yamaha purchase I've ever made was a silver plated flute

In addition to the keyboards in my signature, we've got a crap ton of Yamaha recorders in the house. Mostly soprano, but I'm pretty sure the alto and tenor are also Yamaha. There's also a Yamaha V-Star in the driveway.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's been three months and so far this guy has answered one question about a headphone jack.

So much for Yamaha online support.

Thank god for Michael and Fred doing all the heavy lifting when it comes to Yamaha products on the forum ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Yamaha sucks at support and so far nobody's proven me wrong.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Just a week ago on another thread here someone was asking why two new models (e363 and e263)were taken off the yamaha website. I made comment that the yamaha rep (John) may chip in with the answer.
We got no answer.:(
Has John deserted us?
Ray

Ask a Question