Yesterday was April Fools Day

Reaction score
One of our Newspapers printed a wild article about Brexit by a reporter named Scherzo Primavera, and the BBC Breakfast Show picked it up and reported on the contents of the article as valid.

It was only when a viewer sent in a Tweet that ..... Scherzo Primavera .... means Joke of Spring that the prank was realized, red faces throughout the Beeb.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Those are among the best pranks. Those where even the mainstream media are temporarily deceived. :D :D :D

I still remember a great one picked up by the local news decades ago when I lived in Montreal.

Montreal is built on an extinct volcano and that morning the local news reported that the volcano was coming back to life and showing signs of activity :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
(Many years ago) It was rerported in our newspapers and on radio that a tram had vanished with people on board. In Melbourne we have many tramcars doing many routes.
Tram No 357 had gone missing. It caused mayhem and panic. Similar to the bermuda triangle incidents.
Anyway people reacted checking on their family and friends making sure that they weren't on that tram.
Very funny prank. lol.
Ray

Reaction score
Some from the past.

A BBC TV news report on the bumper harvest in Italy of the spaghetti tree, the video showed a tree laden with long strands of spaghetti.

Another was on the Radio breakfast show, the DJ said he was broardcasting the whole show from an aircraft and they were flying low over as much of the UK as they could cover, he gave a commentary backed by the sound of engine and wind roar and he kept stating where they were at a specific time and he invited the listeners to ring in with the registration number on the underside of the wings, those calling would then go into a draw for a prize. They had many thousands ring in.

Reaction score
Another one closer to home or rather work.

The Foreman I had working for me was convinced by our staff that he had forgotten to change the time on his watch as the national Summer time was adopted.

The result was that he went home for his lunch at 11:00 in the morning instead of 12:00

The staff had sneaked into the office earlier when the Foreman was on site and they adjusted all the clocks forward one hour to help in their deception.

For some reason the Foreman did not come straight back after he went home, he never did say what his Wife said to him.

Reaction score
Our local paper usually does one every year. I didn't check this year to see what they came up with.

I wonder what happened to our mate "A. Wakeman", he had a decent crack at it on here for a couple of years.

Ask a Question