Yet Another Which One?

Reaction score
Hello all, I have just registered on this site and see that the above question is getting tiresome, but at the risk of that, my question is a little different. I have just 31-33"" wide space available for a desktop keyboard. I used to have a marvellous full size Yahama Clavinova but had to sell that due to lack of space. I thought I could get by without playing but I miss it too much. I basically like a good piano and church organ sound and the rest are a plus. I don't think I would like mini keys and would rather lose an octave than that.

So, forgive me if I ask the same question. Can anyone recommend a make and model which would fit the bill (without breaking the bank)? Many thanks.

Reaction score
My keyboard is 5 octaves and 36 inches long, just a few inches too long. It has full size keys, or close to full size. I have a Yamaha YPT-300 that I bought used for USA $ 70. It has nice sounding piano and church organ voices, and hundreds of other voices. I'm quite happy with it. If buying used is acceptable then check craigslist.org. If you find a keyboard advertised that you like then google search the model number and "specification" for details.

Reaction score
At first I was looking on eBay for around £50-£80 secondhand, but as I went on looking, I have decided to also consider a new one which is not yet obsolete. I think I would spend up to £200 on this as I don't expect anything in portable keyboards to equal the Clavinova anyway. However, I am having real difficulty in finding anything less than around 38 inches wide.

Reaction score
Will also look at craigslist (didn't know about that) and check out the links. Many thanks for helping.

Ask a Question