Your Favorite Korg Triton B3 samples

Fin

Reaction score
To be honest, I've never even heard of the "Triton." If I find anything though, I'll let you know!
;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I owned a Korg TR 76 up until a few years ago which had the basic 512 Triton Sounds and 382 Combis.

Nowadays I'm really regretting having sold it and am seriously considering picking up a cheap, discontinued Korg X50 which has the identical 64 MB sound ROMs.

I may have a line on one within the next week or two and I'll let you know then which is the best organ sound. It's been so long and Korg's naming conventions so eclectic that I honestly can't remember any patch names any longer.

Then again, I traded off my TR for a Kurzweil PC3K8 which has arguably one of the best Hammond B3 emulations on the market today so it's not the organ sounds that I'm missing so much. The orchestral and pad sounds and drum kits of the Triton series are pretty unique though and I'm too lazy to try and replicate them on the PC3K8. ;)

Fin >>> If you want to know more about the Triton series here's a Wikipedia entry that pretty much lays them out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korg_Triton

The Triton series pretty much dominated the Movie and TV soundtrack industries in the late 90's and early 21st century.

Gary :)

Fin

Reaction score
OK, thanks! ill read it.
P.S; Intro to Toccata by me... Link in Signature.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Works now. Your Oberheim sounds a wee bit flat though. Does that thing have analog oscillators?

Check it out with a pitch pipe or a tuning fork or a guitar tuner. Whatever you can lay your hands on.

If the oscillators are analog then there's a good chance they need a quick tuning.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
One other reason why it may be playing flat. The pitch bend wheel could be drifting. That would be the most likely culprit after 30 years.

See if you can disable the pitch wheel and see if that affects the tone.

Gary

Fin

Reaction score
I totally agree... They always have been. I was messing about with it last night, and the oscillater pitches are set to default... It's just out of tune. The two oscillaters are analog I think... I know the matrix 6 is cross between analog and digital. Can't be sure though. I just got used to it over the years I guess. It was given to me by my brother.:)

Ask a Question