[Your favourite bands/artists?]

Reaction score
I'm also a Dream Theater guy. I've listened to some Opeth. I listen to a lot of different stuff, but mostly Symphony X, DT, Pain of Salvation, Pagan's Mind, and other similar stuff. There is another thread about Bands in the Metal/Rock section.

Reaction score
Listing all my favorite bands/artists would take a while, so I'm gonna go with the ones that I've listened to recently

Symphony X, Nightwish, Ride The Sky, Sonata Arctica, Edguy, Kamelot and Freedom Call.

As you can see, I've been in to progressive/power-metal lately.

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
Listing all my favorite bands/artists would take a while, so I'm gonna go with the ones that I've listened to recently

Symphony X, Nightwish, Ride The Sky, Sonata Arctica, Edguy, Kamelot and Freedom Call.

As you can see, I've been in to progressive/power-metal lately.

<<Gratwhol>>

Hey I saw Ride the sky 31 okt last year =P they played with epica and sonata arctica in stockholm =P I diden't like them ^^ haha only a good guitarplayer, but the keyboardplayer was sloppy I think

I'm in to: Sonata arctica, Nightwish, Epica, Children of bodom, edguy, freedom call, Trivium, and more =D

eva

Reaction score
A lot :

Deftones
NIN
Orgy
Zeromancer
Lacuna Coil
Children of bodom
Within Temptation
Apoptygma Berzerk
A Perfect Circle
Depeche Mode

too much !

Reaction score
Beatles.jpg

Reaction score
HHmmm, well, in my opinion, the BEST band and my favourite would have to be Manowar.

Other bands in my all-time favourites that I can think of the top of my head:

Blind Guardian, Edguy, Savage Circus, Nocturnal Rites, Lordi, Kobus(Local South African band, really awesome), Demons and Wizards, Firewind, Axel Rudi Pell, Primal Fear, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Turisas, Saxon, Dragonland, SymphonyX, Beautiful Sin, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Dragonforce, Persuader, Sanctity, Testament, Ayreon, Apocalyptica, Savatage, Angra, Iron Savior, Kamelot, Mercenary, Rhapsody of Fire, Luca Turilli, Masterplan, Nightwish, Sabaton, Thunderstone...

hhrrmm well, that a good selection of the type of music I'm into. Can't think of anything else right now.

Here is some Kobus for you guys:

Reaction score
Ummm, hmmm. Let's think now....
Apocolyptica
Marilyn Manson
Lacuna Coil
Within Temptation
Evenescence
Green Day
The Rasmus
Pink
and (takes a deep breath and prepares to run.......)
The Backstreet Boys.:eek:

Yes I know. Go on. Take the p**s. Everyone else does :rolleyes:

What can I say. I saw the New Kids on the Block in concert. Twice. I am very ashamed. :eek:

There are many more. Basically I like everything from Vivaldi to Marilyn Manson. Except rap. I'm not a rap fan.

Reaction score
You are a very twisted person.

Although, you don't like rap, so there must be some good left in you.

Reaction score
WEll....

Check out the Derek Trucks band, I love em'. Allan Holdsworth, Bruce Hornsby's keyboards are amazing, The Beatles, Brian Setzer, ELO, Moody Blues. Here are some I have actually seen in concert and they are tops on my list: Led Zep, Hendrix, Joe Cocker, Creedence, Santana.
Thanx, Camkey

Reaction score
I'm all over the board:

Rush, Combichrist, Aiborforcen, Megadeth, Dream Theater, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Kansas - this list goes on and on from one extreme to the next.

Since I write mostly hardcore industrial wall, I tend to listen to more electronic stuff. As a bass player, when I'm practicing, I go for more jazzy stuff.

Reaction score
Too many to list, but I can do some highlights.

Classic/Prog Rock: The Who, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Yes, ELP, Led Zep, Marillion, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Roxy Music, John Martyn.

Classical: Prokofiev (sp?), Rachmaninoff (God of Piano), Mussourgsky, Beethoven, Mahler, Khatchaturian, Ginastera, Tallis, Allegri, Vivaldi.

Jazz: Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, Wynton Marsalis, Humph, Ian Carr (as you can probably tell, I'm also a trumpeter), Dave Brubeck, Weather Report.

Others: Jean Michel Jarre, Terry Riley, Steve Reich, Ligeti.

Also, most musical and film soundtracks along with just about anything made in that golden age of synthesizers and awsome production that was the 80s.

And Dream Theater.

I could have made this a bit shorter by saying everything that isn't rap or RnB...

Reaction score
It's funny how whenever people exclude music that they listen to it's rap and rnb... although you forgot emo :)

Reaction score
my favorite bands are weird.

I really like Rush, it soothes me and i loved Rush since i was a little kid

1) Rush
2) Mastodon
3) Children of Bodom
4) Warmen
5) Clutch
6) Cannibal Corpse
7) Strapping Young Lad
8) Norther
9) Rage Against The Machine

and many more...as you can tell my bands are from genre to genre lol

Reaction score
Nothing weird in your tastes - variety is key!!

Even though I play very heavy Industrial Wall - Rush is one of my favorites. In my free time, I pick up my bass and thump to Jazz (Bela Fleck and the Flecktones being my favorite).

Of course, a good dose of Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Slayer keeps my fingers nice and nimble :)

Reaction score
Dream Theater, Porcupine tree, Rush , Opeth, Between the Buried and Me, Symphony X ,pink floyd, genesis and coheed & Cambria are among my Favs righ now.

But I also like straigh up Metal ; Quo vadis, Iron Maiden, strapping young lad, Megadeth, Slayer, Nightwish , Ensiferum, Wintersun ECT

Ask a Question