Your opinion on psr s910 speaker purchase

Reaction score
I am a newbie to this great site here. I'm an old guy and having hammond organs all my life I am amplifier/soundsytemstupid. Never had to worry about it....Leslies met my needs. But now with the 910 and doing small rooms and things like pool parties outdoors, I need amplification and the ability to throw sound. Because of Yamahas quality I was just going to go with the PAS500 system on stands and get it over with. I dont want to get into all the techytalk about things I frankly do not understand because as I said I am ampstupid. THen I run into a guy at Guitar Center who recommends highly, the QSC15 product. THe reviews people give this brand are very strong...been told Bose for keyboards is not a good idea...I dont need the power that the QSC supposedly has and I like the way the PAS500 travels and the control panel being removable and placed on my B3. Is the PAS500 a bad choice for my small room small outdoor venues? What else should I consider? Thanks much for your help o_O

Reaction score
The QSC "K" series is highly thought of in another keyboard forum, and they do provide high quality sound for keys. The Yamaha PAS500 is 250 watts per side, which I think you will find is actually under-powered for most performances except very small areas. I have two Mackie TH15A Speakers that are 300 watts on the low/100 watts on the highs. They will cover a good sized room, but not nearly the quality of the sound from the QSC's. The Mackies don't have a mixer section and only accept low impedenace input lines, so you'd need a small mixer. It's all a balancing act I guess. Don

Ask a Question