YPG-625 Display Not Functioning

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Yamaha YPG-625 from my daughter. When I turn on the keyboard, the LCD displays only a series of vertical lines. There is no text information whatsoever regardless of the options I select. Power cycling the keyboard makes no difference. Any thoughts would be really appreciated. Thank you kindly.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It sounds like either the LCD screen isn't working properly, or the circuitry that controls what gets displayed on the LCD screen isn't working properly. You might need to replace the screen, and/or replace a circuit board, and/or check all of the wiring between the screen and the circuit board to make sure nothing came loose.

However, I wouldn't recommend doing any of that yourself unless you're comfortable doing it and don't mind the risk of permanently damaging the keyboard. The service manual is here:

Reaction score
Thank you for the service manual! If I can identify the specific issue, the repair might be very doable.

Ask a Question