YTP-300 Middle C question

Reaction score
Hello I'm knew to this forum, new to playing the piano/keyboard. I was learning how to play a song, and I realized that I needed deeper keys.

Does anyone know if i can move the middle C in either direction so I can play deeper notes? It is a 61 key board, kind of a cheepy but I want to get into it more before I go and buy something expensive.

I assumed that there would be a way, but maybe not. thanks for your help....

Yamaha YTP-300

Reaction score
You should be able to change the octave, yes.

On my Yamaha, (DGX-220) I have a button called Function, and after scrolling around there for a while, there's a function called Main Octave or something, that you can change.
Unfortunately I couldn't find a good enough picture for me to see whether the YTP-300 has that function button or not, but if it does, you'll probably find it there.

EDIT: Welcome to the forums btw ^^

Reaction score
Sargas is right:

You press the "Function" button several times until "M. Octave" is displayed, and you change the value (from 0 to -1 or -2) with the "+" and "-" buttons.

Reaction score
cool, thanks for the help, i'm not with the key board right now, but when i go back home i'll see. I do think there is a function key though.

Thanks for the help..

Ask a Question