Z stand placement

Reaction score
Really stupid question but which way does the keyboard go on z stand? Do the long parts of the legs face the instrument or behind?
Right now I have mine with the long parts toward the wall and the keyboard toward the back of the arms. There is about 5 inches of arm sticking out in the front on each side.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Back of the keyboard ----> Z <---- You on the right.

Best placement for pedal access.

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Gary. I have it backwards. I will switch it around.
By the way..I saw your suggestion for LeCovers in another old thread. I ordered one the other day and they shipped it out already!
Now I can get rid of this stretchy fabric thing.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Good to hear Lisa. Larry's a good egg at LeCovers. If there's any hiccups with shipping you can always contact him at his office instead of some faceless drone. If you phone during business hours he usually picks up. Good to know if you ordered any fancy embroidery or you need to confirm dimensions on an unlisted keyboard.

Do be advised the directions in your email are the opposite.

I got it wrong when I first posted and corrected my post afterwards with an edit.

The directions above are the correct ones.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I was wondering about that lol.
I have it correct now. Funny thing was my in my on stage stand directions They had it one way but in the video it was the opposite. The video has it your way.

Reaction score
Also depends upon the make.

D117E25B-6221-499C-952C-2711EC8A1F8C.jpeg

Onstage have the Zee one way Hercules another.

If I had my Hercules the way Gary describes the feet would stick out to far and it would be a trip hazard for me.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I also own the Onstage with the second tier installed.

It's oriented as I indicated above.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Really stupid question but which way does the keyboard go on z stand? Do the long parts of the legs face the instrument or behind?
Right now I have mine with the long parts toward the wall and the keyboard toward the back of the arms. There is about 5 inches of arm sticking out in the front on each side.
Lisa, the primary considerations here are:
- pedal ergonomics (you don't want to be banging your shin into crossbars)
- how does the second tier attach (if you use one)?

Outside of that it makes no difference whatsoever. I could show you a heap of pictures of them being set up either way. So not a stupid question at all - it's what YOU prefer.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Outside of that it makes no difference whatsoever. I could show you a heap of pictures of them being set up either way. So not a stupid question at all - it's what YOU prefer.

On behalf of the FREEDOM LOVING NATION of OnStage Users, I hereby declare war on the Godless Users of Hercules!!! There is only ONE WAY to correctly stand (or sit) in front of your keyboard and all heretics will be forced to eat Black Pudding and Haggis for the rest of their lives.... :D :D :D :D

Whatta ya think guys? Do I need a twitter account or should I just check in for therapy and be done with it? :cool:

I'm sure on some other boards this would turn into a 75 page thread with experts arguing the minutiae of dimensions and ergonomics but Cowboy pretty much sums it up. It's whatever works best for YOU! :)

I'd love to throw this into the teaching pool at a Piano Academy and tally up the corpses afterward :D :D :D

Too... much... trump... American election news, rotting my brain.... Must hit Enter...............................

Gary ;)

Reaction score
You are a heathen Gary and must have been smoking some Astroturf instead of your usual Spliff.

Black Pudding AND Haggis.

They do not go together its like saying the Yanks can make beer that tastes anything other than gnats pi55.

Black Pudding is a Lancastrian delicacy that is best served as part as a Full English Breakfast, it comes with a big BUT in that it has to be sourced from Bury Market, no other will come close in taste, texture or have the ability to be used as an Ice Puck should the need arise.

Whereas a Haggis is a mixture of floor sweepings stuffed in a bladder of some carrion that was in the process of rotting on some highland toff’s estate.

The Jocks have a weird eating habit, a modern favourite is a Deep Fried Mars Bar, Oat Cakes. I blame it on to much Haggis whilst still suckling.

Ask a Question