zip file

Reaction score
Hi Can anyone please tell me how to unzip a zip file as i eventually downloaded the free musicfrom yamaha but cant unzip it.Really am a novice at this sorry if my question sound a bit straight forward to you.
Cheers Margaret:):)

Reaction score
"ZIP" files get their name from the original third party (non-Microsoft) software program that was used to compress/decompress (pack/unpack; zip/unzip) them, but Windows, since Vista, and the last several versions of MAC-OS now provide their own built-in file compression/decompression programs, so there is nothing separate to purchase. You only need to double left-click on the zip file to bring up the zip user interface and make your choices from the pop-up menu (mainly - where to put the unzipped files). I normally put the zip file in the directory (folder) where I want the unzipped files stored and use the "extract to here" command. Once that is done, I copy the original zip file to an appropriate folder on my back-up drive and delete it from my working drive.

Depending upon what embedded unzip commands the person creating the zip file may have used, they will occasionally create an unwanted sub-folder, one level down from where you want them, and unzip to there. If that happens, just move the unzipped files to the folder where you want them and delete the unwanted sub-folder.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you Ted will give it a try.You do know your dealing with a real novice here haha
Margaret

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Margaret,
What kind of music have you got in that zip? Was it free?
I am interested because I also have a PSR workstation similar to yours. Mine being 650 .. yours 670.
Please let us know (me at least :)) how it all unfolds.
Cheers ray

Reaction score
Hi Margaret,
I am interested because I also have a PSR workstation similar to yours. Mine being 650 .. yours 670.
Cheers ray
Hi Ray.
Hi Margaret,
Cheers ray
Hi Ray, just found you message i think you gave me the yamaha site to go to.It is expansion packs.I got the europe one.Ted tried to explain how to unzip the file after i downloaded it but seems i will have to get the Yamaha guy out
Cheers Margaret:):)

Ask a Question