Can't find a volume pedal I like..............

Reaction score
I have been using a Rogue VP-201 volume pedal for about a year and it has developed a scratchy sound when you first start to press on it. I was told I could clean the "pots" and it might go away. I remember it was a very cheap pedal so I went online to see about getting another one. Apparently they aren't available anymore. All I could find was a Rogue wah-wah pedal.
So I got a Yamaha pedal (can't remember the model) and I hated it. It changed the tone of my Yamaha keyboard to where I didn't like the sound. I didn't know until then (and doing some research) that a volume pedal could do that. I know now. It also required a battery, which I wasn't used to. Anyway......... I would like to get another pedal that is just a basic volume pedal without changing the tone or sound that comes out. I just need an In and Out port with no effects or anything.
I was hoping someone could possibly make an informed suggestion to me or give me a little more education on the subject.

I'm going to take the bottom off of my Rogue pedal and see if there's any dust or anything in there.

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
You could try expesive ones eg: fender make one for guitar, With a metal casing etc. - good quality. expensive though...

a volume pedal is just a potentiometer (or "Pot") there's really nothing else to it. It works because it is a "voltage divider circuit" - you could look it up on wiki or somesuch for more info.

Reaction score
there's also One made by ernie ball - It's about £50 and you can set it up to pan etc. However if you are happy with the mechanical aspects of the pedal, It might be more effecient -and definately much cheaper - to clean or replace the pot. Do you have any experience in soldering?

Reaction score
Yeah, I was looking at one the other day that is "optical", so there are not pots in there to go bad. Sounds like a good idea.
I have a guy that's going to fix my old pedal, but I would still like to get a new one eventually.
Thanks for your help and ideas.

Ask a Question