Grand Suite software for Medeli AKX10

Reaction score
Medeli owners: if you have downloaded the Grand Suite software and used it to, pleaser share your experience.
I am interested in this one topic: load a midi file (as recorded on AKX10) and convert it to a style for AKX10.
At present time, Grand Suite does not load a midi file recorded on AKX10 !!! Pretty weird.

Reaction score
I found that if I open an existing AKX10 style (copied to computer previously), then GS will show all the sections as rectangle buttons. One can make change to any of these sections, then export as MIDI file (or save as a new style). Problem is: one cannot hear how each section sounds, cannot test changes made to the 4 QS (quick settings, or OTS in Yamaha world). Using the keyboard to edit a style is more straightforward and one can hear how everything sounds.

Later, use GS to load the above MIDI file, I got the same style that was used to save the MIDI file. One can save this as a style again !!! What's for ???

That explains why GS complaint about lack of a main section when loading a song MIDI file.

Reaction score
Another interesting issue about GS software. I read somewhere saying one can use it to convert Yamaha styles for used on AKX10.
If this is TRUE, would be really great.

So, I load a Yamaha style in GS, it takes it. Then I save this style (AKX10 format of course) in an USB. Plug this USB in AKX10, try to load this converted style, I can see the folder that contain it, but nothing to load.
I noticed AKX styles has .STY extension (like YAMAHA), but the converted folder has one .MID, one .QS and one .SCP, NO file with STY extension.

My asking: AKX10 fellows, let start using this Grand Suite software, explore it to discover its capabilities (most are in its PDF manual, very clear).

The manual says GS can load a MIDI file and convert it to style, but it does not load MIDI file from Yamaha or Korg keyboard.

Reaction score
Another interesting issue about GS software. I read somewhere saying one can use it to convert Yamaha styles for used on AKX10.

So, I load a Yamaha style in GS, it takes it. Then I save this style (AKX10 format of course) in an USB. Plug this USB in AKX10, try to load this converted style, I can see the folder that contain it, but nothing to load.
I noticed AKX styles has .STY extension (like YAMAHA), but the converted folder has one .MID, one .QS and one .SCP, NO file with STY extension.

My asking: AKX10 fellows, let start using this Grand Suite software, explore it to discover its capabilities (most are in its PDF manual, very clear).

The manual says GS can load a MIDI file and convert it to style, but it does not load MIDI file from Yamaha or Korg keyboard.
I wonder if changing the extension will help.

Reaction score
I could load, convert and import yamaha-styles in the AKX-10 but without manually change's the results are not good (and i am not motivated to change them manually, so i deleted again). How to do you find in the manual and on youtube.
Now i tried to use the sounds from yamaha for the AKX but i don't find the software to convert the file's for it. Curious other's could fix this already...

Reaction score
Is it possible to convert yamasounds for Medeli ? I found already Awavestudio but it does not support the fileformats from yamaha sounds (vce) and medelifiles (voi, vpi)?

Reaction score
Hi … I just got my AKX10 a few days ago and have just started playing with the GrandSuite software. I may be able to help with a few basic things and as time goes on be able to help with more advanced questions.

So far I have used the GS software to convert Yamaha styles for use on the AKX10. While the Yamaha style and the file that has been converted for use in the AKX10 both have the .sty extension, the GS software must change something about the file so that it will be recognized by the keyboard. The reason you are getting files with the .qs and the .scp extension is that you are saving part way through the conversion process. Here is what works for me:

I download a Yamaha style to my computer
I open the file with the GS software
I hit Next without making any changes
On the next screen, I hit Next again without making any changes
On the next screen I click on Finish
This brings up a window where I can name the style file I just converted.
I usually just add conv to the end of the original filename.
Unless you change the location, it will save the converted file in the same location as the original file.
Put the converted file onto a usb stick and insert it in the keyboard
Navigate to the location of the converted file and the keyboard should load it in

This is the simplest method I have found. Once you get this to work then you can begin to make changes to the style both in the GS software and on the keyboard itself.

Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck.

Reaction score
Hi Bill, I could also convert the styles from Yamaha, like you described. But the sounds from Yamaha till now i could not.
Thank you for your answer. greetings

Reaction score
Hi Ludo … I am glad you able to convert the Yamaha styles. Because my hearing is not great I have not tried to edit any Medeli sounds or convert sounds from Yamaha. There is a YouTube video that shows how to create new sounds from samples but I haven’t tried that either. Good luck, have fun, and stay safe.

Reaction score

Last edited:
Reaction score
@CaseyKeys Hi and sorry about the delayed reply. I hope I have the answer to one of your questions.

As you have already found out, you can use Yamaha styles in the AKX10 after running them through the Grandsuite software. Here are the steps to take:

Download some Yamaha styles ( I have had good luck with the ones I have downloaded from https://psrtutorial.com/sty/yamaha/index.html

Open up the Grandsuite software and click on the folder icon at the top right to load one of the Yamaha styles. (by the way, one of the options you have at this point is to load a .mid file. So far, I have only tried this with Yamaha style files.)

When the style file is loaded, the appropriate boxes (Intro, Main, Fill In, etc) will populate.

Click on the Next button at the lower right twice then the Finish button. (This will convert the style without making any changes to the style) When you click on the Finish button a window will pop up where you can rename the style if you want to.

Once you save the file and transfer it to your AKX10, the keyboard should be able to read it.

Let me know if you have any questions or if this works for you.

Reaction score
For Yamaha sounds, convert with Extreme Sample Converter ECS to sf2 or wav. Wav samples can be loaded into Grand Suite. I have a Young channel called Thomann ak-x1100.

Reaction score

Click on the .sty style on the PC, it will open it automatically Grand Suite, just press Next, don't change anything, when it asks you to save save to USB Pen, done... You can also change the volume and instrument of the Style tracks

Reaction score
Clicca sullo stile .sty sul PC, si aprirà automaticamente Grand Suite, basta premere Avanti, non cambiare nulla, quando ti chiede di salvare il salvataggio su USB Pen, fatto... È inoltre possibile modificare il volume e lo strumento delle tracce di stile

Reaction score
Hi
I have converted the technics K7 styles for the AKX1100 and they sound quite good without to much modification

Reaction score
Hi Bill
I have a large collection of styles and have been converting styles for over 30 years.I had my own site until 2018 but shut it down when Yahoo stopped support, I also have my own page on psr tutorial
To answer your question I have owned most of technics keyboards amongst others and have kept all the styles from each for my own use.
The conversions can be downloaded from my page at psr tutorial. Constructive feedback welcome
Best wishes
Yamaha Tyros, Technics KN2400 psr s650

Reaction score

=================================================
MAKE SURE FLASH DRIVE TYPE IS SUPPORTED BY MEDELI;
The Sandisks are NOT. Use the Lexar.

Plug USB drive into s770.
Format it.
Call up desired style on s770.
Press “E” button. Copy. USB tab. Paste.

Copy File to Desktop on computer.
All Apps; Open Grand Suite software.
Style tab on upper left.
Click Folder Icon on upper right.
Add/Open the desktop (psr) file.
Next. Next. Finish. Save.
Close Grand Suite.
Copy those files back onto the USB drive.

Plug Flash drive into AKX10.
Press:
USB button
Menu
MulSel
All
Save User

Reaction score

======================================================
MAKE SURE FLASH DRIVE TYPE IS SUPPORTED BY MEDELI;
The Sandisks are NOT. I Use a Lexar.

Plug USB drive into s770.
Format it.
Call up desired style on s770.
Press “E” button. Copy. USB tab. Paste.

Copy File to Desktop on computer.
All Apps; Open Grand Suite software.
Style tab on upper left.
Click Folder Icon on upper right.
Add/Open the desktop (psr) file.
Next. Next. Finish. Save.
Close Grand Suite.
Copy those files back onto the USB drive.

Plug Flash drive into AKX10.
Press:
USB button
Menu
MulSel
All
Save User

Ask a Question