Keylab Essential 49 or Launchkey 37 (or another controller?) for use in Cubase with hardware synths?

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend one of these two MIDI controllers for use with Cubase and external hardware synths (mostly a Matrix 1000 in my case)? My general impression is that the Keylab may integrate better with Cubase, but the arp, scale and chord modes, and the full-sized keys on the Launchkey appeal to me. A lot of people seem to recommend the Keylab solely because of Arturia's softsynths, which I don't use that often (although I do like the way they sound), which makes me think I should go with the less expensive Launchkey. I'm just concerned that it may be a pain to get working correctly.

Really, the main thing I want a MIDI controller for is to trigger VSTs and my hardware when I'm composing. I've never used external pads/knobs when working in my DAW (although it will be nice to finally have the option to do that), so I don't really know what to think about those in regards to what these two controllers offer.

Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
The Arturia Essential that I had sucked, it got sold on after three months.

The Novation or a Nektar Impulse are better buys.

Ask a Question