.MID/.USR files play on PSR-EW425, but no sound

Reaction score
Hey there! Testing out Yamaha's chord tracker app; super cool app you can load an audio file and it builds a chord chart. But if you're connected to a compatible Yamaha arranger keyboard (can't find an official list anywhere on what is/isn't compatible) you can also send the entire song's arrangement to the keyboard as a MIDI file (and even choose the default style to use).

I tested this on my DGX-670, works like a charm (creates a .MID file in a chord tracker folder on the piano itself). I tested it on my PSR-EW425 and it creates a .USR file; you can play the file on the 425, it shows the chord changes on screen and the correct number of measures etc, but it makes no sound. I also tried taking the .MID file from the DGX, and copied it to a flash drive on connected to the 425, and same thing - you can play the file on the 425, correct chord changes, measures etc, but . . . no sound.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether that app is supposed to be compatible with the PSR-E425, but assuming that it is, my first guess would be that the requested voice isn't available on the PSR-E425.

Ask a Question