MIDI screwup

Reaction score
I had my whole MIDI setup working last week. I accidentally deleted my device. I reinstalled it, but it hasn't been the same since.

For starters the computer keeps renaming the USB MIDI-driver. First the device driver was calling itself "17-Yamaha device driver." Now I looked and it is calling itself "Device-0".

Last nite I couldn't Cubase to record a MIDI track unless the In track was set to "USB AUDIO DEVICE (Emulated)." That doesn't really make sense, since it is supposed to be a MIDI device, not an audio device. :confused:

Also, it only records when the keyboard is set to "PC MODE-OFF, Local control-ON."

Um....that's like the opposite of what it says in the manual. Isn't the local control supposed to be OFF? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Reaction score
I wouldn't know much about this. Try deleting the device again, and reinstalling it again. It's the best advice I've got :p

<<Gratwhol>>

Ask a Question