Please help! My digital piano is dying.

Reaction score
Hello, I would be so grateful for advice. Obviously, due to Covid, I can't have a digital piano technician visit. I have a Chase baby grand digital piano - and yes, I know I was seduced by the beautiful white baby grand shape cabinet into buying a very substandard keyboard but it was a lot cheaper than a Yamaha and it was all the money I had at the time. But to be honest, it sounds lovely and I've been very happy with it. It showed problems early on after only a few months but the seller arranged a tech visit and it was fine after that. I think it had been stored for a long time in a damp warehouse.

Now, it's out of the warranty period and when I turn it on the lights flash and flicker for a bit, then it dies. I'm lost without it. It's covered all the time when not in use so I don't think it's dust. My husband has hoovered all the entrance and exit points and I've tried a new mains cable. Any advice, Guys?

P.S. I was in the middle of memorizing Michael Nyman's 'The Heart Asks Pleasure First' from the movie The Piano, so my fingers are twitching to get back to it. And I had just gone back to my childhood favourite Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata Mvt 1. I always slide back into Chopin nocturnes after I've learned something new - my cat's name is Freddie (after Freddie Chopin).

Reaction score
Things I would try
Unplug from power for a minute then plug in
Call the manufacturer and ask what they recommend
Maybe there is a factory reset procedure
Call the tech that did the quick fix and ask for advice
Call the seller and ask for advice

Ask a Question