Sampler for Midi Keyboard

Reaction score
Hello.
I just got a Midi Keyboard and am now looking for some good sounds for it.
I wasn't quite sure about all the different kinds of software ( Sequencer, DAW, Sampler... ) and what exactly I need.
I got Ableton Live 6 to record and arrange stuff and a friend gave me Kontakt 5 Player + orchestra and piano library.
So Kontakt 5 is a sampler, right?
My friend also wanted to give me a software for drums ( forgot the name ) but then I still need a lots of other libraries. I play guitar and have basic knowledge of piano playing, my main focus is on producing music, not on playing anything live ( maybe creating backing tracks and then playing live with my guitar... ).
But where do I get different sounds to experiment with? Should I buy hundrets of libraries or is there any tool that may provide me with some basic samples but with a good range of different sounds? I need some ambient sounds, trumpets, bass, violins etc. etc. ... I saw on the Kontakt 5 website that is has a very huge library ( I don't have the full Kontakt 5 program, I think I only own the player, which is free, + the two libraries ).
Should I get the full program with 40+gb sampler material?
Fruity Loops also comes with some basic samples I could address with my midi keyboard, right?

Thanks for your time.

Sam

Ask a Question