Two tier-keyboard stand

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a two tier keyboard stand for my keyboard rig I'm building up. things that I'm looking for:

- Keeping it pretty portable is important (not too heavy)
- No more than £130 really, although if it will last a very long time it might be worth investing more)
doesn't need to support loads of weight (Yamaha MM6 on bottom and M-Audio Keystudio on top which are both not weighted keyboards) I plan to buy a Nord Stage 2 or a different stage piano one day to replace the MM6.
- Lastly, I am using a laptop to trigger the sounds, so if there is a stand like this with a solution for that too it would be nice, although not essential. Not sure where to put my laptop or get a stand for it? Using it for Mainstage so would help to see the screen to the side of me.

I have looked at stands like the Jasper KSV-2B and also the "Spider" stands which look cool and portable but are more expensive. I appreciate your recommendations, thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Since I assume you're in the UK take a look at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=mi&field-keywords=+two+tier+stand

Pay close attention to the product reviews.

Personally I favor Z type stands but they are less portable than most.

Anyway, that Amazon page lists over a dozen likely prospects all well within your budget.

Gary ;)

EDIT >>> If you do end up going with a two tier X type stand try and buy one that's cross braced to help avoid accidental tragedies :D :eek:

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, one other thing I hate about X stands, besides the fact that they tend to collapse catastrophically sometimes, is that they bounce around like a jumping bean when you cut loose and really start hitting the keys with gusto.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply
I think I'm going to go with the Jasper because after some research they also have a monitor holder accessory which I can put my laptop on and the second tier height can be adjusted which is important for me! One thing I can't find a workaround for is that if I have it set low, my 49 key MIDI controller won't be big enough to fit on the 2nd tier, so I'll have to find a workaround for that perhaps something to bridge the gap and then just put the keyboard on top of that, but when set up high for gigging it should fit fine. I did look at the Hercules but you can't adjust the 2nd tier height, it just moves in height depending on how much you open the stand like the lower tier. Thanks anyway!

Reaction score
Hey Ross,

I grabbed this setup from Thomann's store in the UK - it's light as a feather, literally sets up in seconds, very adjustable and super strong. I had a drunk bloke fall into mine a few weeks ago and stand and keyboards very much intact afterwards.

9137260_800.jpg

10509453_800.jpg

If you're interested, here's the website: https://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?bf=&sw=k&M+18880

Good luck with whatever you choose.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I had a drunk bloke fall into mine a few weeks ago and stand and keyboards very much intact afterwards.

:eek: :mad: :eek:

Maybe the venue should have provided a chain-link cage for the band to play inside? At least it ended well!

Reaction score
Yeah, Blues Brothers style! The thought did cross our minds.

Luckily no harm done. Was an accident, the perils of playing at a far flung country venue in the wee hours...the chap was very apologetic, and on went the show!

Ask a Question