Xps30/DS61 Is my Screen Normal?

Reaction score
Hey Guys.
Ive bought a brand new Roland XPS30 which is a regional version of DS61. Straight out of box screen is being a problem.
20191227_185103.jpg

Sometimes screen bugs like this. Also i have this constant lines in screen. Is this faulty or normal for DS61? When i change patch etc it goes back to normal.
20191228_224945.jpg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It could be a firmware bug. Update to the latest firmware or reload the firmware if already the latest and if it still persists then return it for an exchange unit.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Gary. You have Ds61. Does your screen look like this?
I ve updated it to version 2 which is latest. Still there are lines in screen. As seen in 2nd photo. I am going to call them tomorrow and return it .

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If the problem survived a firmware update then it's defective. My advice is to bring it back to the store and exchange for a new one.

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
A brand new instrument shouldn't have any display problems like that. And I can't imagine a unit that has such a display problem passing a quality control check. So something might have happened during shipping and handling. But even if it's just a connection that got loose, or something simple of that nature, the unit should definitely be returned and exchanged.

Ask a Question