Yamaha DGX 230

Reaction score
Hi folks. I just bought a preamp and mic for my KB. I actually like to sing with all the windows open. I play the organ, guitar and anything else I can setup on the KB. There are so many permutations on this instrument that I will never use them all. I started taking organ lessons then piano but I'm not very good at either but don't let me know that. Give me your thoughts on how best to accompany my voice on the KB.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First of all I have no idea how good a singer you are. Myself I can't sing my way out of a paper bag, so I ended up buying one of these to make the grunts and groans emanating from my face more palatable. ;)

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicetone-synth/

It's a vocal effects pedal box with autotune, vocoder and megaphone effects built in.

Then again it largely depends on what sort of music you like to make. I'm a big Kraftwerk/Techno fan so it suits my style of music.

What style of music do you sing and what are your goals with your music?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hi back atcha Dan.

I saw from your private message that you're into C&W stuff like Kenny Rogers and Roy Orbison. (Clarke? Rogers?) (Too many Roys out there :D )

One thing I might suggest is downloading some MIDI Karaoke files of your favorite tunes and hooking up to your computer to play the tunes on your keyboard while you concentrate on your singing.

If you do a google search on MIDI Karaoke Files you'll find tens of thousands of ready made tunes out there that will both teach you to be a better player as well as a better singer. :)

Gary ;)

Ask a Question