Yamaha PSR-E363

Reaction score
Hello There;

I'm beginner and i'm thinking to buy PSR-E363, i would like to ask if i can add more styles to this keyboard and is this keyboard good for beginner.

Thank you

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, @nezo!

Yes, you can use the Yamaha Musicsoft Downloader program (on a Windows PC) or MusicSoft Manager app (on an iPad) to transfer additional style files to the internal storage memory of the PSR-E363. These are called "external" styles, to distinguish them from the built-in styles, even though they're stored in the keyboard's internal memory.

However, you cannot use an external style until you "register" it, which copies the style from the internal storage to the keyboard's system memory so it can be selected as a Style Number. The PSR-E363 lets you register up to 10 external styles at once, although you can have many more than that stored in the internal memory.

Reaction score
Welcome.

The 363 is a very popular beginner keyboard, its price is what attracts many buyers.

Is it best for you is another matter, yes Styles are available but they are not free and buy a few and you have added a $100 to the cost of the keyboard and it simply is not worth it, buy a better keyboard to start off with with more and varied Styles included. Whilst it is considerably more expensive a Yamaha PSR-S670 is a far more capable keyboard with better quality sounds, easier menu navigation and more variation of in tonal make up during song play, a keyboard like this or a similar one from another manufacturer will give you wiggle room to grow into it and it will last you for many years, the 363 you may very well grow out of it in a few months.

Do go into a Music Store if you can and get them to show you their range of keyboards, as well as seeing and hearing different Styles and Sounds do get the Sales Staff to spend time showing you how to navigate the menu systems since some can be a little daunting until you get to know it.

Whilst you are asking about a Keyboard there is a different requirement if you want to learn to play a piano, there is a marked difference in how either will be taught, again the Sales Staff should help and guide you.

Please do not be concerned about taking the Sales Staff’s time, you will need more than a keyboard and they will want you to return to buy more from them.

Good luck deciding and welcome to this fantastic activity.

Reaction score
Thank our very well for your replays @SeaGtGruff and @Biggles
So what about PSR-E463 I think it’s better than 363 and I will see PSR-S670 price and review, but I need something semiprofessional

Thank you

Reaction score
You are welcome.

I need to be blunt with you, you are not going to get a professional keyboard with a Yamaha E series, they are beginner keyboards only.

Even a Yamaha PSR S670 is only just going to be up to semi pro use, the Korg PA300 is at the same price point and that to is limited.

For semi pro you are talking about a Korg PA700 or Yamaha PSR S775 but even at this price point there is a massive difference in the capabilities of these two Arranger keyboards.

Yamaha have just released their PSR-SX series with the intention of catching up with Korg, sadly for them they have not made it yet. Watch this to see what a teacher says.

At a manageable budget level I really think that for quality you will be hard pressed to find a keyboard better than a Korg EK50, but it is a family entertainer keyboard and not one for semi pro use.

Finally

I had hands on with an E363 recently and this is what I found

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
If you're looking for something semi-professional, I agree with Biggles that as far as Yamaha keyboards you should look beyond the PSR-E models and consider the PSR-S670 or higher. Apparently the "E" in PSR-E stands for either "educational" (because the PSR-E models include the Y.E.S. or "Yamaha Education Suite" feature) or "entry-level," whereas the "S" in PSR-S stands for "stage" or "studio." The PSR-E463 and PSR-EW410-- more so the PSR-EW410-- are the most sophisticated of the PSR-E models, so they're the closest ones to being semi-professional. Likewise, the PSR-S670 is the least sophisticated of the PSR-S models. So you might expect the PSR-E463 and the PSR-S670 to be somewhat similar in features and quality. But in terms of sounds, features, and capabilities, the PSR-S670 is much superior to the PSR-E463.

Regardless of which particular brands or models you're considering, I recommend going to the manufacturers' websites and downloading all documentation (owner's manuals, reference manuals, MIDI references, and other data lists) related to the models you're interested in, so you can read up on their specifications and see how their features work. You should also watch any videos and listen to any audio recordings to get a sense of whether or not you like the way they sound. And lastly, you should see if it's possible to try them out in a store so you can see how you feel about the way they feel, play, and sound in person.

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your information, i will go with PSR-E463 and i want to ask about styles, i know i can upload 10 styles through USB or USB to host, but can i replace one of my uploaded, for example i upload x styles to 221 and i want to install other style on 221. can be replace because i have only have space for 10. can i add more by replacing to one before.

Thank you

Reaction score
The 463 is only a 363 with a few more whistles and bangs.

It is vfm for what it is.

Please do not expect to set the world alight with these or similar keyboards by other manufacturers.

If you have not already done so please go to a music store and have the sales staff show you all the keyboards they have in you budget range

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
With regard to the PSR-E463, you can store many more than 10 User Styles on a USB flash drive or in the internal flash memory, but in order to actually use them you must "load" them to the 10 User Style numbers.

You can load different style files to the 10 User Style numbers at any time.

You can save a User File to a USB flash drive-- it's like a backup of your keyboard's memory, containing any User Songs you've recorded, the 32 Registration memories, and any User Styles you've loaded. So if you want, you can load 10 User Styles, set up the 32 Registrations for playing specific songs with those particular styles, and save them to a User File. Then you can load 10 other User Styles, set up the 32 Registrations, and save another User File. You can save up to 100 User Files on a given USB flash drive (as limited by the filenames, not the file sizes). Then you can load a given User File when you want to play using the 10 User Styles and 32 Registrations which were saved in that particular User File. However, it does take a little while to load a User File.

But you can always just load individual style files from a USB flash drive, or from the internal flash memory.

Ask a Question