A good keyboard video course?

Reaction score
Any recommendation for a good keyboard video course?
I will receive a keyboard soon and want to learn how to play the keyboard.
Will be glad if you can recommend me some good video courses, paid or free.

Reaction score
Totally depends upon how you want to play, what you want to play, and the keyboard you are buying.

Some more info from yourself will help greatly in tailored responses.

Reaction score
I will like to learn keyboard to worship God. I am willing to spend an hour a day to practice the keyboard.
I hope to learn as much as I can. I want to play classical pieces one day.
The keyboard I am buying soon is yamaha psr e443.
Thanks,

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hello chongljsmine
I can see you posted here in 2014.
You had a keyboard then so what kind of music are you playing? Do yo still play it now? You say now you want learn. I am confused . . Where did the last 4 years go? What new board wil you be buying or acquiring and what kind of music will you play on it?

Edit . . Sorry our posts overlapped. I can see psr e443.

Reaction score
My mother made me sell off my keyboard, then, and so I was left without a keyboard and couldn't learn anything for the past four years,
Recently, my mother approved to me learning the keyboard, and that is why I bought a new keyboard, psr e443, and hope to learn the keyboard, now that she approves of it.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Jasmine, (I am guessing that is your name)
You mentioned you wanted to learn chords. (earlier post). Start by learning basic major chords like C, F and G.
You can go to your google search, Chrome or whatever you use and type in "C chord piano". You will get a lot to choose from and it will show you the method, what keys to play. Do the same with F and G and practise these. Advance to the minors and 7ths when you feel the need or confident.

Playing chords by themselves is boring. So I would suggest pick up some Christmas music sheets and learn the melody of your favourites. Christmas music is relatively easy and much of it is in the Key of C.

Soon you will combine the chords with the melody and enjoy!

Good luck
Ray

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This is also a decent video piano course.

https://www.learnandmaster.com/piano/

Though I really can't stress enough how important it is to get a teacher and take proper lessons.

A qualified instructor can pick up on and eradicate any bad habits you may be learning before you become set in your ways.

Check your local craigslist for piano teachers. You'll find many who prefer coaching adults and are even willing to come to your home for the lesson.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi Jasmine,

Most people on this forum are far better qualified then I am to comment on your post. Nevertheless let me convey some of the experiences I have had on my relatively short musical journey. I did some research and found a whole host of online piano courses on offer and eventually settled for the course “Piano for All”. I am not qualified to discuss the qualitative aspect of the course but found it teaches rhythm and chords and some basic theory particularly in the early stages. However, I soon got bored with playing chords and needed something else to keep me focused.

I started looking at music and searched for a song featuring few and well spaced chord changes combined with a well know melody and ended up with Spanish Eyes featuring the following chords C, G7, C7, and Fm. I started my practice at a reduced tempo, initially playing the melody then introducing the chord. Within a short time was able to perform the song at the suggested tempo. I use this approach now in order increase my meagre repertoire of songs.

There have been times progress has been slow and frustrating. I communicated my issues on this forum and to my surprise ended up with receiving suggestions invaluable to my progress. In other words, I ended up with several tutors kindly donating their time. Equipped with this feedback I was able to design a routine to progress my musical “career”.

Here are some of the routines suggested to me by forum members:

· Practice often but only for a short time;

· Start practicing your song at a reduced tempo;

· Don’t neglect your theory particularly inversions;

· Purchase a Keyboard Chart (The Ultimate Keyboard Chart)

· “Stretch” yourself, if you fail try and try again;

· Remember all musician occasionally hit the wall, just keep trying and you succeed;

· Most important of all, HAVE HEAPS OF FUN.

PS. For practicing speed reading music I use an Android application called “Music Tutor” on my tablet/phone. This application allows you to set the complexity and speed of notes generated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For learning more about music theory, I would like to suggest Michael New's videos on Youtube. He is capable of explaining the theory so that it becomes logical and easy, his videos are simply the best!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Is there someone who could give guidance for playing Carnatic music with pitch bend?
What makes good Indian music is . .obviously the ability to play it but also the model keyboard having indian music and voices installed. Does your keyboard have integral indian music features? Many yamaha models have been specially made for the indian market. You may want to checkout these models. They often have an "i" as part of the model no. Check out the relevant web sites and see what models will give you what you need
Ray

Ask a Question