I am a student designing a MIDI controller and I want your input!

Reaction score
Hi all, I am an Industrial Design student with an interest in music technology. For my senior thesis project, I am designing a MIDI controller. An important part of that process is talking to users and experts to gain design insights. If you want to provide your opinion and tell me about your experience using MIDI controllers, I have created a short, completely anonymous survey (less than 5 minutes) that you can fill out: https://forms.gle/49d1cSd6TD8nN2DFA.

If you are not comfortable with filling out the survey, please feel free to post/discuss your thoughts down below. Here are some additional questions to get discussion started:
- What do you think are the most important features for a MIDI controller to have?
- What do you like and not like about MIDI controllers?
- How much of a factor is appearance when choosing a MIDI controller to purchase?
- What are your thoughts on modular controllers?
- What does "portable" mean to you in the context of MIDI controllers?

Thank you all in advance :)

Reaction score
1663868394307.png

Christ .............

If you were dead and they did a DNA test on your skeleton there are only two choices...

P.S. Non-binary, do you mean analog vs. digital? :p

No answers, rebuttals are necessary, I won't get them as you've already made my ignore list after one posting....

Reaction score
If you were dead and they did a DNA test on your skeleton there are only two choices...
Completely ignoring anything cultural but sticking strictly with biology, it isn't quite that simple. See https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opi...nd-y-chromosomes-think-again/article24811543/

You can skip the first 3 paragraphs, and the last paragraph, which have cultural slants. It's the science stuff in between those paragraphs that is related strictly to biology and DNA.

Reaction score
Completely ignoring anything cultural but sticking strictly with biology, it isn't quite that simple. See https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opi...nd-y-chromosomes-think-again/article24811543/

You can skip the first 3 paragraphs, and the last paragraph, which have cultural slants. It's the science stuff in between those paragraphs that is related strictly to biology and DNA.
I'll pass ...... and I can't really believe that you even took 1 second of your life looking for a 'chromosome' article. That's one second of your life that you'll never get back. And me responding to your note is two minutes of my life that I'll never get back.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll pass ...... and I can't really believe that you even took 1 second of your life looking for a 'chromosome' article. That's one second of your life that you'll never get back. And me responding to your note is two minutes of my life that I'll never get back.....
And if you had taken the same two minutes and read those few paragraphs in the link, you might have discovered something interesting! ;-)

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Gee thanks perfesser. Me and the skipper never know when we might have to fill in for a coroner :)

Ask a Question