Im a believer - the monkeys

Reaction score
hi there
I have a Yamaha MX88. Im trying to get the sound on Im a believer. Does anyone know which sound it is please.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The Monkees used a Farfisa transistor organ I believe.

I think you could get close with a calliope patch.

Reaction score
In the video in post 3 above, Peter Tork is playing a Vox organ... but that's just a prop. I believe the organ used in the recording was a Hammond. For the live performance in post #4 (of a different song), they're using a different sound, though it happens that it is also a Hammond organ sound, though from what little I can see of the gear. it wasn't necessarily a Hammond organ, it could have been some other keyboard emulating a Hammond organ. There may be some irony here in that it may be that the "real" Hammond organ used on the Believer recording is less immediately identifiable as a Hammond than is whatever keyboard is being used in the live performance to emulate a real Hammond organ. ;-)

Now to the question at hand, of whether you can get something close to that particular organ sound out of the MX88, I don't know. But heck, the MX88 only has 42 sounds in it, and that opening part is only a few seconds long, so it would only take you a few minutes to play the part with all 42 organ sounds and see if you find one that sounds right to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woogish

Latest Threads