Will Roland ever release an updated FA, based on the new Fantom?

Reaction score
It's been more than 3 years since the release of the new Fantom and while it is impressive synth/workstation, it's quite pricey.
Do you think Roland will ever make a new FA-line similar to what Yamaha did with Montage and MODX? Fantom Lite of some sort?
I couldn't find any news or even rumors about such...

Reaction score
They are not alone Korg and Yamaha have ageing keyboards in the low to mid range, only Korg’s Nautilus springs to mind.

The FA is good but limited in certain features, I did spend hours trying one about three years ago but decided not to buy due to its age, it is the same with the Juno, good but old.

There is the NAMM Believe in Music event in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed, if not then then hopefully the full NAMM in the Summer

Reaction score
Yamaha MODX is hardly aging and is a best seller. If Roland can offer something new similar in the way how MODX is a stripped down version of Montage, I will be greatly interested. Nautilus is nowhere near that price, while cutting way too much from Kronos to be worth it, and now with Kronos 2 practically retired, Nautilus should be Korg's flagship, which is sad.

Reaction score
They are not alone Korg and Yamaha have ageing keyboards in the low to mid range, only Korg’s Nautilus springs to mind.

The FA is good but limited in certain features, I did spend hours trying one about three years ago but decided not to buy due to its age, it is the same with the Juno, good but old.

There is the NAMM Believe in Music event in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed, if not then then hopefully the full NAMM in the Summer
That should have read ……. Korg and Roland have ageing keyboards

Ask a Question