Cakewalk Closing Its Doors!!!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I knew the DAW business is highly competitive, and growing more so every year, but I thought Cakewalk was a well-established and much-used DAW. If this were April 1st I'd suspect an April Fool's joke. :(

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This is no joke Michael. Believe me...

The problem is that support is only as good as their future intentions. I already have a 5 year old Copy of Music Creator 5 that no longer authenticates with them.

Not to mention the future updates to Windows and Linux that may break the program entirely.

I'm currently involved with remastering a dozen songs for posting on bandcamp and if I end up having to export them all as MIDI, then finding a DAW I like and importing them there, and finally one by one editing the voices and instruments for each tune I'll go nuts.

Not to mention I have at least a hundred other archived tunes that I'd like to keep as well.

I've already made the suggestion on Cakewalk Forums that they release a couple of DRM Free older softwares to the public domain just so people don't end up screwed in a couple of years.

The problem is that Cakewalk has been passed around from company to company over the years like a backstage groupie with a bag of weed. Most Recently Roland and then Gibson.

Gary
wink.gif

Ask a Question