How do you use harmony?

Reaction score
How do you use your keyboard’s inbuilt harmonies (duet, trio, block etc)? For a whole song, with other instruments than piano and organ? Any other tips? I’m at a loss of ideas.
Linda

Last edited:
Reaction score
Generally I do not use them for a whole song.

I said generally because if I am using my Arranger then I can add them at the touch of a button for say a verse or chorus, I also use the Pads and the different Variations to add complexity and build up as the song progresses. I can also easily change the upper split instrument voices from a single instrument to multi layered.

On the workstation I can and have programmes sequences that can be called up to play at the touch of the pad.

Variation is the key.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Good question Linda.
I think it is a matter of what sounds best.
As Biggles said just vary it as you please. Some voices can sound awesome having the harmony effect. Depends on the song too. Solo voices may be best suited or a mix.
What sounds best.
I rarely use my harmony feature mainly because the DSP usually adds in the cool sound effects. I should use it but often forget about it. I think I may have one or two tunes in my registration memory with the harmony feature programmed in.
Anyway just play with it Linda see what develops.
Ray;)

Reaction score
How do you use your keyboard’s inbuilt harmonies (duet, trio, block etc)? For a whole song, with other instruments than piano and organ? Any other tips? I’m at a loss of ideas.
Linda
Hi Linda, I have a Yamaha PSRe423 which I believe is the same as yours. Perhaps we could share information as we learn more about our particular keyboard.
Marian aka Wibley

Reaction score
Hi Linda, I have a Yamaha PSRe423 which I believe is the same as yours. Perhaps we could share information as we learn more about our particular keyboard.
Marian aka Wibley
Great idea Marian! I have a e453 but I think the basics are the same. Coming from a traditional piano background there is a lot to learn. Harmony is real fun. Not sure how to use arpeggios yet.
Linda

Ask a Question