Juno DS with SL 88 issue

Reaction score
I am a rock keyboardist who recently got back into live performance.
I rented, then bought a Juno DS, which I feel has adequate action and very good sounds/patch combinations
for the music that I like playing. I have used this mostly in jam sessions, but now I am playing gigs. I also purchased a Korg Kronos and Studiologic 88 controller on advice from a touring pro. I have gotten used to the Roland however and I have recently connected it to the SL 88 through a MIDI 5 pin connector. This combination lets me use different sounds from my
performance presets on both keyboards at once, which was my intent. I have encountered an issue however. During my last few rehearsals, a "stuck key" sound has emerged while
playing, once during my first few songs and only disappeared after turning the Juno off and on again. The sound does not recur after that. I have yet to isolated the two keyboards
to check if this is a Juno issue, but I doubt this since I have never encountered this before, using it alone. Does this issue sound familiar to anyone? Could it be the result of a setting that I can change or a broken component on my Juno?...or is this a sign of some sort of incompatibility between the two components. As you can imagine, I am not as tech savy with the newer keyboards, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Stuck key on a controller is usually a slow CPU in the controller resulting in dropped signals in the MIDI stream.

Try turning off velocity or after touch on the controller and see if it works.

It's a workaround I've had to use on an old M-Audio controller with the same problem.

Ask a Question