Becky???

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Bad enough that Fred has gone MIA since the hurricanes but it's also been an eternity since we've heard from Becky.

Ian? Any word on her progress? Can we expect her to return anytime soon?

These forums really are like family to us and we all worry whenever one of us takes a hit.

Please send Becky our love and best wishes for a full recovery

She really is the heart and soul of this forum..

Gary ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you :). Becky is still quite ill, but we may be starting to make some progress finally - it looks like she may have a spinal fluid leak, causing quite a lot of neurological problems (she's unable to concentrate at all, so even reading a book or browsing the forums on a phone is too hard). A scan is being arranged, hopefully in the next week or two, which will hopefully confirm this. If that does turn out to be the problem, it may be possible to fix it reasonably quickly (I hope). She's really looking forward to being back online and getting back to normal :).

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Ian.

Let her know that all our prayers and well wishes go out to her and here's hoping the problem is easily fixed.

By all means we need to see our Becky happy and healthy and contributing to the forum again.

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Becky is still quite ill, but we may be starting to make some progress finally -
Half the battle is knowing what the hell is going on! What is causing the pain and suffering. That is the biggest hurdle. Let's hope the scan confirms everything for an easy fix.
(Hug) ray.:)
The hug is for Becky:rolleyes:
Not for you Ian:D

Reaction score
Thanks so much for your kind words and ongoing support! Really means a lot to me :) sorry I've been away for so long, hopefully it won't be too much longer. Unfortunately the symptoms I have don't fit into the usual pattern of what the consultants expect to see, so things have been taking a while.

You can't always control what happens to you but you can control how you react to it, so even though I'm housebound I'm trying to stay positive and upbeat. I've started re-watching Star Trek recently! Starting with the original series I'm going to see how far I get ;)

Best wishes to everyone :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Glad to hear from ya sweetie and glad to hear that you're keeping your spirits up.

You are the light who keeps shining in the darkness of the interweb and keeps the music flowing freely around here. :)

BTW... Spoiler Alert: Captain Kirk Dies in like the 6th or 7th movie :D

Keep your chin up girl :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Just to aid in the confusion, here's the complete Star Trek Viewer's Guide so you know which sequence to watch them all in.

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-complete-movie-tv-guide/

And they've announced a new series starting some time this year :D

And there's a new comedy series starring Seth McFarlane that just started last week called "The Orville." It's a live action parody of the Trek series that's fun for all ages. First episode is available to watch here.

http://123moviess.online/watch-tv-the-orville-onlinefree-12688-123movies.html

Gary :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just wanted to post a quick update, as Becky is getting a "blood patch" on the 28th December to try and seal a spinal fluid leak. If this works, she may be up and about again in the near future :D. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed!

Reaction score
Hope you continue to improve.

Viewing suggestions:-
Star Trek
Red Dwarf
Dr Who
Blakes 7
Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy (TV series not the movie)
Babylon 5
Stargate (TV series)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here's hoping for the best of all possible outcomes for her surgery Ian.

Thank the deities we live in countries with socialized medicine so that we don't have to worry about incurring a crippling financial debt on top of severe injuries.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW Ian, do you think you could drop an email to Fred Coulter letting him know we've been asking for him as well?

Even if the account is closed and the email bounces we can assume the worst but at least we'd have an answer.

Gary ;)

The Y_man

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a quick update, as Becky is getting a "blood patch" on the 28th December to try and seal a spinal fluid leak. If this works, she may be up and about again in the near future :D. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed!

Thank you for the update.

@Becky - best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The Y-man

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Thought I'd pop in and give you a brief update :)

The blood patch ended up getting postponed until yesterday - long story short, the anaesthetist didn't think it was necessary, so delayed things as much as he could :rolleyes:

But anyhoo I ended up getting the procedure yesterday and it all went well. I didn't have high hopes to be honest, but from everything we've learned it seemed like it would be a useful diagnostic tool whatever happened. While he was injecting the blood into my spine I got a sudden rush of clarity - it was like feeling wide awake after having been sleepy. Weird! I still have a headache, but the fact I can concentrate again is a big improvement. I need to take things easy, and there's no guarantee these effects will be permanent, but it finally feels like I'm headed in the right direction.

Thanks for the TV advice! I watched all of the original series of Star Trek, followed by The Next Generation (my favourite!) and we started watching Star Trek Discovery recently. Initially it didn't feel like Star Trek to me, but it's growing on me and the story is pretty good so far.

Hope you're all doing well! I'm looking forward to being back here properly :D

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Hey Becky!!! Glad to hear that you're in such good spirits. The place just hasn't been the same without ya. Looking forward to seeing you participate once again. Keep doing what they tell ya to do. It seems to be working :)

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Becky,
Such a thrill to hear from you with good news.:)
Keep positive yeah!;)
Albeit early days, but looking forward to having you back here full time and in perferct 100 percent health.

Happy New Year Becky

Ray;)

Ask a Question