CVP709 'loud' keys

Reaction score
Hi, I need to replace five fingernail damaged keys which I can do myself but moreover, the two key positions middle C and the G above C intermittently play at full volume. I am told I need to 'clean the contacts'. Where are these and how do I gain access to them please?

Reaction score
Hi, I need to replace five fingernail damaged keys which I can do myself but moreover, the two key positions middle C and the G above C intermittently play at full volume. I am told I need to 'clean the contacts'. Where are these and how do I gain access to them please?
There is a YAMAHA fix for that covered under warranty- give me the serial no of your unit and I let you know if it qualifies

Reaction score
There is a YAMAHA fix for that covered under warranty- give me the serial no of your unit and I let you know if it qualifiesI

Hello, wernersaurus. I have most recently learned that there was a 'quiet' Yamaha warranty to cover this fault. The supplier dealership was unaware of this but gave me the name of a Yamaha engineer who did know of it and said that a kit from Japan would be necessary. I have asked him to proceed of course. However, I thank you for your response - I'm impressed that you knew of this fix but the dealer didn't!
Well done and thanks.
Kind regards,
Tony

Reaction score

Hi, did you get this sorted? I have the same problem with my middle C / G on the 709, it drives me mad.

Reaction score
Hi, Yes I did. Yamaha will replace contacts and keys pcbs under a 'quiet'' warranty covering this problem even if your CVP is long out of sale warranty. I am in Germany at present so I do not have access to the warranty ref. Your local Yamaha dealership should know this but I will be back. The engineer who fixed my 709 was Tony Packer from South Wales. An hour or so to fix. Brilliant man.

Reaction score
Hi, Yes I did. Yamaha will replace contacts and keys pcbs under a 'quiet'' warranty covering this problem even if your CVP is long out of sale warranty. I am in Germany at present so I do not have access to the warranty ref. Your local Yamaha dealership should know this but I will be back. The engineer who fixed my 709 was Tony Packer from South Wales. An hour or so to fix. Brilliant man.
Hi thanks for getting back to me. I will wait till you are back from Germany for the info, I've put up with it for ages. I live in Bristol so it might even be the same chap who fixes mine (if accepted).

Reaction score
A little more information: Tony Packer - Aspire Classical Organs, Swansea. It was Tony who knew of the fix and the Yamaha's ref. I will still come back to you to complete the info but I thought you might like to give Tony a call.

Reaction score
The phone number for Mr Packer: Office 01792 721499 / mobile: 07721 695013
Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golek

Latest Threads