Entry Lvl (Korg, Yamaha, Roland)

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I would like to ask you guys something:

First of all i am very sorry if im being repetitive, in case a thread regarding this subject has been already created several times.

Im looking forward to buy an entry lvl synth keyboard and I can't decide yet which... my goals are live playing.

So... Korg x50, Yamaha MX61 or Juno Di ? Which one out of this 3 would you guys recommend better? Thank you.

Reaction score
Hmmm... you mention the MX61 (?); but not the MM6. I'm considering selling my nearly-new MM6. Roughly equivalent to the Juno Di I would think. I'm finding with the other boards and modules I have, I'm just not using the MM6, and it has a LOT of 'live performance' features I'll just never use.

The Y_man

Reaction score
First of all i am very sorry if im being repetitive, in case a thread regarding this subject has been already created several times.

There isn't a standard response thread, because everyone's needs are different. What are your requirements?
- weight
- synth or workstaiton
- weighted keys
- size
- power requirements (eg need to run off batteries)

etc...

The Y-man

Reaction score
There isn't a standard response thread, because everyone's needs are different. What are your requirements?
- weight
- synth or workstaiton
- weighted keys
- size
- power requirements (eg need to run off batteries)

etc...

The Y-man
Hello! Live playing, requeriments are basically wverything those 3 synths i mentioned offer. I just can't decide which one Im going to buy. The Korg x50, Juno Di or this new yamaha MX61, so i would like to know the differences between then and which one people would judge BETTER, once all three of them are in the same category... Thanks a lot :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
While I can't speak directly from experience about the Yamaha or the Roland, I do own a Korg TR which is similar in voices and control layout to the X50.

While I do love my TR dearly and use it mainly for MIDI sequencing in a home studio, I would hate to have to use it in a live venue. The patches are laid out in a semi random fashion all over the map with a synth patch next to a piano next to a flute next to an organ next to temple bells, etc.

In the studio it's not an issue since I record and set my patches directly from software but live I would have to do all kinds of button and menu gymnastics to bring up any particular patch in a hurry.

On the plus side, it's fully USB MIDI class compliant and needs no drivers and the sounds are bloody excellent.

My understanding is that the Yamahas use a proprietary USB interface and hence require drivers to hook up to a computer.

Rolands I know less than nothing about :(

Ask a Question