How to Jam with others on keyboards

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
" I understand that we fill in space in songs and have bits and parts otherwise there is too much noise."
Sorry if my response repeats, I wrote it and forgot to log in, and my original response didn't appear to take.
Anotherscott mentioned ELP, and Yes is another example of a band that featured keyboards because they had extraordinary musicians on keyboards. Rather than being limited to the idea of filling in space, consider your job to being disciplined within your skill set.

Ad

Advertisements

HRF

Reaction score
" I understand that we fill in space in songs and have bits and parts otherwise there is too much noise."
Sorry if my response repeats, I wrote it and forgot to log in, and my original response didn't appear to take.
Anotherscott mentioned ELP, and Yes is another example of a band that featured keyboards because they had extraordinary musicians on keyboards. Rather than being limited to the idea of filling in space, consider your job to being disciplined within your skill set.
I'm at a unique place in my playing "career". At the age of 70, I have some arthritis that has slowed down my velocity when playing...no lightning quick leads any more; However, I've found that I've switched my direction to being the best support keyboard player I can. Background chord rhythms, string or horn fills allow the other musicians, with more dexterity, the freedom to expand on what they do. Works for me.

Ask a Question