Jam pack

Reaction score
Going round in circles here guys (and gals)
Can someone tell me what Mainstage 3 Jam Pack is ????
All I can find on inter web is how to get them into Garageband
What I want to know is WHERE IS “IT” IN MAINSTAGE 3 - what am I looking for, how do I get to use it

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
It sounds like you are asking in reference to MainStage and that you aren't interested in GarageBand-- that is to say, although you mentioned GarageBand with regard to the information you've seen online, your question is about MainStage and has nothing to do with GarageBand?

I haven't read it yet, but I found the following support article that (judging from the short preview shown in my browser) appears to explain how to find where the jam packs are installed to on your computer, but I don't know if it explains how to find them within MainStage's menus and use them.

I won't be able to try to help further until much later tonight. In the meantime, can you confirm which program you're using (MS or GB), and what you're trying to do with the jam packs?

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me.
After my initial attempt at trying to get B3/C3 clone sorted I came across Mainstage, didn’t even know it existed, wow great piece of kit.
Anyway, I am assuming Jam Pack is an accompaniment app within Mainstage ? Maybe?
If so I can’t find it
The only refs I can find online are in ref to GB and getting Jam Pack(s) out of Mainstage into it.
As you say not interested in the GB side of things
I just can’t find anything that tells me if it’s what I think it is and how to access it in Mainstage
thanks for your help

Reaction score
Mainstage is Apples live performance app.

There are a mass of video tutorials on Youtube about how to install and use it.

Jam Pack looks like it is a series of Loops

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
That's what I thought from what I saw earlier, that Jam Packs are sets of clips-- presumably audio clips, not MIDI clips-- which can be used in GarageBand tracks, and apparently also in MainStage.

Ask a Question