How to use User sounds with Pattern Sequencer on Roland Juno DS61?

Reaction score
I have a Juno ds 61. I have a 4 part split keyboard I created saved in the user sound 1 destination. I’m now in my pattern sequencer but it seems like I can only assign preset patches to the phrase pads. Is there a way I can use my user sound 1 on one of the phrase pads

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure on this but the Step Sequencer on the Juno DS has other crippled features as well.

I know for a fact it cannot export MIDI to a DAW unless you do it by saving to a card first and physically transferring it to the computer.

It may well be that what you wish is not doable or there may be a similar workaround.

Possibly it can only be done on a certain track or channel and not all of them.

Either way I'd suggest that you write Roland Support and put the question to them.

You should receive an answer in a month or two.

They are slow but they do respond.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I don't see any reason for you to not be able to select user sounds for your patterns. In fact, p. 3 of the parameter guide even says: "Settings related to the sound of the pattern (preset/user) used in the pattern sequencer can be saved as a performance."

Ask a Question