If only

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
In Australia we have two systems,

1. Public health cover.
2. Private health cover.

Both stink!

Scenario . . Col's case . . Needing a new hip.

Public will book you in for surgery and put you on a waiting list.
4 years later they will contact you to say a space is available. Book yourself in.
You do that and they arrange a pre op. They say we will get back to you. You wait a few more weeks or months. They contact you again and give you a date for surgery usually 2 week advance notice. In two weeks they contact you and say we need to postpone. They contact you again in a few weeks and set a new date. If your lucky you may actually get the job done or most likely another set back! Eventually you get a new hip and the cost is covered by the government!
BUT, you do get bills for extras. So it is not entirely free.

Private will usually get you a quick turnaround but the premiums throughout will set you back $1000's per year for this privledge.. Then at the end of it all you will have to cough up more money to cover necessary extras such as insurance excess, anethiest, pharmacy etc. etc . . expect $1000 plus for this one hip procedure on top of the premiums already paid.

As I said . . it STINKS!

Ray

Reaction score
The good news is .....

38DD4DF8-965D-4593-9B44-5849DEAAF2A3.jpeg

I have a new use for my Ukulele strap.

o_O

Thanks for the messages of support I really do appreciate them.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Something like a hip replacement in Canada might take up to a year and a half but usually no longer.

Waiting 4 years for a procedure in Canada is pretty much unheard of.

One caveat though. Since health care is administered provincially in Canada , services and delays can vary quite a bit from province to province.

For instance in Ontario nowadays physiotherapy is no longer covered and must be paid for privately.

It's a mix and match kind of deal, but I still prefer it to the US where a broken arm without insurance will set you back $20,000.00. :p

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Waiting 4 years for a procedure in Canada is pretty much unheard of.
I was not exaggerating either. I have a friend of mine now needs a new knee. Still not got a booked space. He applied in 2015. He got hit by an army truck in 2014 during an ANZAC march.

It's a mix and match kind of deal, but I still prefer it to the US where a broken arm without insurance will set you back $20,000.00. :p
That's pretty much the same here. Physio, dental, rehab for example are not covered. Any surgery that is regarded as "cosmetic" or not life threatening will cost dearly.

Ray

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I was going to comment about how snazzy your suspender looks, until I saw the text below the photo that says it’s a ukulele strap. :D

Reaction score
Update.

Wrist was treated a month ago and the difference is tremendous. I can move the fingers without pain so there is only one thing to stop me getting back playing.

10 days ago I had a total hip replacement operation and my mobility is not that good at the moment.

468F2A7A-A14A-410F-AA40-9C589503B227.jpeg

So whilst I am not mobile at least I can be colourful and blame it on the Meds.

;-)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Nice to hear about your wrist and fingers recovery Col. Good news indeed. The hips will kick in soon too as well and you will be kicking goals for MU. Lol.
Nice photo☺
Are you sending that across to the selfies page?
Ray

Reaction score
Wow, you have been through the mill recently! Glad your wrist is a lot better now, and wishing you a speedy recovery from your hip op :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhsmith451

Latest Threads