Is it worth replacing an older Korg with a newer one?

Reaction score
Hi Korg admirers!

I own a Korg Pa300 and now considering to buy a Pa700. Do you guys think that it is worth doing that? I know the model I own is the lowest in the market right now and I’m pretty sure Pa700 offers lots of exciting new features but I’m still worried that these two models may have too many common sounds, styles etc. So should I go for Pa700 or consider some other keyboard? Thanks!

Reaction score
Welcome, I have a 700 which I love. Unfortunately I have not experience of the 300 or 600.

There are a few things I can suggest.

Watch the 8 tutorials in the official Korg Video Manual series for the PA700

Download the latest v1.3 of the Manual

and have a good read through it.

Go to korgworld dot co dot uk which is the official Korg PA series magazine and click on the Webinar link, here you will find future and past webinars you can sign up to view and for the past ones you can watch them at leisure whereas the future ones will be a live fully interactive show where the two presenters are Luke and Adam who are two Korg UK staff members.

From all the above you should get a good idea of what the 700 can do but also how it differs from the 1000 and 4X.

Then finally time to visit a Music Store which has a 700 available to play.

Best to go to the Music Store after you have done the research as if you visit first you can be overwhelmed.

If you do get to a Music Store do have a try of other keyboards, Yamaha’s PSR S675 is their equivalent model to the PA700, whatever you try do post your thoughts on them back here.

Enough from me for now.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your detailed reply, Biggles! I had no idea about those webinars that you mentioned. Really exciting!

I’ve seen all the tutorials now and I almost decided to order a Pa700, but then I have just realized that there’s no talk about voice processing in them. Don’t they offer a voice processor in this model? If so, that’s a big shame.

Reaction score
Oh I meant “vocal” processing, not “voice”. I believe they are two different things. Sorry for the confusion.

Reaction score
Hey gadamer102, it's seven months on now, so what did you end up with? Are you happy with what you bought?

Reaction score
Alas this happens all so often, they come, they ask, they disappear.

I did get a thank-you for your time comment which is not the norm, most just go.

Ask a Question