I want to buy a new keyboard, but I'm unsure if it is worth it.

Reaction score
First, let me clarify that I have no way to test keyboards out myself. The closest store near me which sells keyboards is always very limited, and usually just sell Casio keyboards. I have been playing piano for roughly 10 years and I'd like to get a more up to date keyboard.

Right now, I'm using a Casio WK3800. I've been searching around online for a few days now, and came across the Yamaha DGX-530 which sells for roughly $500. I'm curious to know if I would notice any huge difference beween the models, mainly for the piano acoustics.

Is it worth the upgrade? I'd really love a new 88 key keyboard, but I don't want to buy a new one unless it sounds much better.

I'd also like to add, that I really only use the piano settings, I don't use the other tones much. So if you guys know something which sounds great, for about the same price. Let me know! (its hard trying to find a new keyboard without testing them first.)

I do however wish the new keyboard has
88 weighted keys
Must be able to connect to the computer.
Must sound great
Must be around $500

Thanks. :)

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I don't think Yamaha piano will sound much better, the only PRO I could think of, is that Yamaha DGX-530 has weighted keys.

Ask a Question