I want to buy a new keyboard, but I'm unsure if it is worth it.

Reaction score
First, let me clarify that I have no way to test keyboards out myself. The closest store near me which sells keyboards is always very limited, and usually just sell Casio keyboards. I have been playing piano for roughly 10 years and I'd like to get a more up to date keyboard.

Right now, I'm using a Casio WK3800. I've been searching around online for a few days now, and came across the Yamaha DGX-530 which sells for roughly $500. I'm curious to know if I would notice any huge difference beween the models, mainly for the piano acoustics.

Is it worth the upgrade? I'd really love a new 88 key keyboard, but I don't want to buy a new one unless it sounds much better.

I'd also like to add, that I really only use the piano settings, I don't use the other tones much. So if you guys know something which sounds great, for about the same price. Let me know! (its hard trying to find a new keyboard without testing them first.)

I do however wish the new keyboard has
88 weighted keys
Must be able to connect to the computer.
Must sound great
Must be around $500

Thanks. :)

Reaction score
I don't think Yamaha piano will sound much better, the only PRO I could think of, is that Yamaha DGX-530 has weighted keys.

Reaction score
Well buying a new keyboard is compulsory when your old keyboard just is not as new as the latest one. New keyboards give more feature then the old ones. But for gaming you can find many gaming keyboards under 100 usd. i have used some keyboards which are still available in the market like
1. Redrag on S101
2. Havit
and they have a great response rate

Reaction score
Well buying a new keyboard is compulsory when your old keyboard just is not as new as the latest one. New keyboards give more feature then the old ones. But for gaming you can find many gaming keyboards under 100 usd. i have used some keyboards which are still available in the market like
1. Redrag on S101
2. Havit
and they have a great response rate

35A88C79-D013-4EC2-8891-39812867DB0C.jpeg

Welcome.

This is the type of Keyboard we are really interested in within this forum.

;-)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Clearly, why would someone respond to a thread without reading the preceeding messages or original post.
Mindless and immaturity I think.
@Blake566 . . I am referring to you.

Reaction score
Clearly, why would someone respond to a thread without reading the preceeding messages or original post.
Mindless and immaturity I think.
@Blake566 . . I am referring to you.

Ray
I have been thrown out of many Facebook Groups by asking pretty much the same question.

ie Do you folks not read what has been posted before, the Op has had the same suggestion 59 times.

People seem to take offence when they realise they are brain dead, cannot fathom why!

Ask a Question