K&M Spider Pro

Reaction score
Hi! Do you know any good reviews of the K&M Spider Pro keyboard stand?
I need a tall-enough 2-tier stand for a Casio PX-330 and a Roland Juno G (I'm 6ft 3in and always play standing), so I think a Z-stand would be a better option than a traditional X-stand, right? My back is currently suffering from my low X-stand... :)

My main concerns are:

- Is the Spider Pro sturdier than a traditional X-stand?
- Will the Spider Pro handle well my 88-key wide Casio PX-330 on the lower tier?

Thanks!

Reaction score
You probably decided long ago but I'll chim in anyway, I bought a Spider Pro last December and have been super happy with it, easily the best keyboard stand I've ever had, it's very well designed and much better than the old Ultimate Apex. It folds in on itself to one self-containted piece unlike the Apex where not only did you have to take the arms off and stick them in through the top, but the lid at the top would eventually inevitably break off. Its four-feet design makes is super stable even setting up on grass or straddling two risers or whatever. The clips keep your cables out of sight and unlike the ones on my Apexes' haven't broken off; the angle for the top keyboard is just what the doctor ordered, and it is way lighter and cheaper than the AX-90. As a plus it looks really really cool on stage. The only thing it lacks is a "memory" to get the tiers at the same height every time you set it up, you have to slide them back in and out of place when you fold it up. I marked my preferred height on the main column with a permanent marker and have been okay with that.

richforman

Reaction score
hi ildoctore, i have an apex stand by ultimate and i think its pretty good, i found it for about 100 bucks on ebay and its lasted me quite a while and i have never had a problem with it. its plenty tall for you.

Reaction score
Salut
j'aimerais acheter le spider pro pour mettre mon nord électro 5 d 61 keys sur l'étage du bas et mon nord lead A1 sur l'étage du haut
Pensez-vous que 61 touches sur l'étage du bas sont-elles suffisantes ?
j'ai peur qu'il ne tienne pas sur l'écartement des bras du stand.
Pour info, le nord électro 5 d fait 90 cm de long, c'est pas grand

Ask a Question