kcollahm from niagara falls ny

Reaction score
Hey there... new to the forum. old time keyboard owner. have a mini moog model D, poly 6 and fender rhodes.

bought a 88 key casio piano and a roland lucina keytar. my older stuff is in need of some repair and I cannot find anyone local to help me out..

the casio and roland are both midi and I am just starting to look at software to get familiar with this technology.

that's me in a nutshell. retired and will be moving to the Nashville area in a couple of months. hope to get in contact with folks who can maybe help me out as I get back into playing more.

drop me a line to say hello and start a conversation...

thanks

Reaction score
My recommendation as far as software goes is to keep it simple. There are a LOT of options, and it really will depend on whether you want software that you can 'drive' with a MIDI board (and use VST's to make the sound) or whether you want the synths in your keyboard to give you the sounds and drive them with a software sequencer. Or perhaps neither?

Personally I do the MIDI 'composition' on the computer and drive either one of my keyboards or one of my MIDI sound modules. I use software that others are likely to laugh at (as they were free downloads initially); but all I can say is they work.

:cool:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Howdy neighbour,

I'm just north of the border from you up in Mississauga.

Sorry to hear that you're moving to Nashville but give my regards to Elvis and Dolly while you're down there. (Everyone knows that Elvis went away with the spacemen and didn't really die. ;) )

Anyway, are you seriously telling me that you can't find any authorized repair centers in a city the size of Buffalo? Surely your Google-Fu must be weak if you cannot find at least one gifted keyboard repairman in town :)

Anyway, keep in touch and keep the shiny side up on your banjo dude :D

Gary

Reaction score
Howdy neighbour,

I'm just north of the border from you up in Mississauga.

Sorry to hear that you're moving to Nashville but give my regards to Elvis and Dolly while you're down there. (Everyone knows that Elvis went away with the spacemen and didn't really die. ;) )

Anyway, are you seriously telling me that you can't find any authorized repair centers in a city the size of Buffalo? Surely your Google-Fu must be weak if you cannot find at least one gifted keyboard repairman in town :)

Anyway, keep in touch and keep the shiny side up on your banjo dude :D

Gary

Hey buddy,

Thanks for the note... everyone I contact refers me to New York City. I used to deal with a local dude,
Mike Buckeye, who evidently retired to Florida, Oh well, I'm sure I will find someone in the TN area once I get settled.

I'm just a analog guy in a digital world !! Thanks for the "Elvis" laugh.

kcollahm

Reaction score
My recommendation as far as software goes is to keep it simple. There are a LOT of options, and it really will depend on whether you want software that you can 'drive' with a MIDI board (and use VST's to make the sound) or whether you want the synths in your keyboard to give you the sounds and drive them with a software sequencer. Or perhaps neither?

Personally I do the MIDI 'composition' on the computer and drive either one of my keyboards or one of my MIDI sound modules. I use software that others are likely to laugh at (as they were free downloads initially); but all I can say is they work.

:cool:
Thanks for responding Ron,

After I get settled after my move, I'll have more time to explore midi stuff. Trying the free stuff makes a lot of sense to me as a novice. I'll let you know how things turn out.

kcolahm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gianni65

Latest Threads