Yamaha Voices/Registrations to GarageBand Instruments?

Reaction score
Probably just dreaming…

I carefully select the perfect keyboard voice for a song and then export the song to a GarageBand MIDI track via USB cable. Unfortunately, GarageBand has few matching voice/instrument options. I am going to download as many new GarageBand instruments as I can find, but in the event that I still cannot find similar sounds, is there any way to convert Yamaha voices to GarageBand instruments? (I realize I can go out the headphone port and create an audio rather than a MIDI track, but I would like to be able to keep it MIDI if possible.)

Reaction score
On what Apple device are you using Garage Band?

Logic Pro is available for iPad as well as for a MacBook/Mac, these will give you far better sounds than those available via Garage Band and if you are using a Macbook then your get Gb‘s of sounds.

There are other iPad Apps that have better sounds than Garage Band, look at FL Studio and Music Studio.

Reaction score
$199 for Logic Pro is a big chunk of change for a hobbyist with zero chance of earning back the investment. I'll look at the other two you recommended.

Ask a Question