Need help buying a keyboard.

Reaction score
I recently won a property damage claim and I am entitled to replace my old keyboard with a new one up to the value of AUD600-800$. I am looking for something with 88 keys although less is ok but nothing with only two octaves. Weighted keys, touch sensitive. And also something with some type of electronics built in like a screen. Maybe a mic or instrument input. And a headphone jack. Thankyou for your recommendations in advance.

Reaction score
hmm, it seems my consulting fee is $500 AUD. That only leaves $100 AUD for the keyboard, so the two octave keyboard might end up being in play......

Reaction score
Welcome and not much choice of a new one of reasonable quality for that budget.

The Casio CDP S360 is showing at $950 AUD

Do look at the website for this as the LCD screen is not exactly state of art, but that is typical for this market price point.

One digital piano that does have a good LCD screen is a Yamaha DGX670 but at $1750 AUD it is way out your budget,

IMO the best Digital Piano closest to your budget is the Yamaha P125 @ $950 AUD.

Others Korg B2 @ $650 AUD and Roland FP10 @ $800 AUD

Reaction score
define "touch sensitive"? do you mean velocity sensitive (which most are) or aftertouch (which most 88 note piano keys arnt - and certainly not at that price point I dont think).

Reaction score
I recently won a property damage claim and I am entitled to replace my old keyboard with a new one up to the value of AUD600-800$. I am looking for something with 88 keys although less is ok but nothing with only two octaves. Weighted keys, touch sensitive. And also something with some type of electronics built in like a screen. Maybe a mic or instrument input. And a headphone jack. Thankyou for your recommendations in advance.
Look at the Yamaha MX88. About 800 USD

Reaction score
I echo the recommendation for the Yamaha P125. I have the predecessor, the P115, and love it. It's 30 lbs so it's harder to lug to gigs than my 10 lb Korg Kross. But it has 88 weighted keys and sounds wonderful.

HRF

Reaction score
I bought a Yamaha MX88 several years ago. Decent action, some really nice sounds, a built rhythms, easy layering and splits, and it only weighs 30# 13.6 kg. Look up some of the demos on YouTube.

Reaction score

Depending what your requirements are, I recently purchased a Yamaha DGX-670 and the technology has been beyond incredible, especially if you want to layer other instruments and have percussion options. It is very user friendly, very versatile, the keys are weighted and has a full 88 keys. As always, Yamaha makes some of the best equipment and sound replication. The price when I purchased mine was just over $800 through Kraft music online. As with many things today, the supply chain has caused some delays, so you'll need to check on availability. Just as an FYI, for the price range of $600-$800, your sound quality is not going to measure up to, for instance, a $12000 Yamaha CVP-809, but I found a slightly used Yamaha Stagepas 1K tower array amp/speaker system. The 1K signifies 1000 watts so the sound quality is excellent. The Stagepas can be also used for small venues, (less than 100), is Bluetooth compatible, and has a 5 channel mixer, so you can fine tune your sound as well as accommodate other instruments/mics, etc. Just something to think about.

Reaction score

Depending what your requirements are, I recently purchased a Yamaha DGX-670 and the technology has been beyond incredible, especially if you want to layer other instruments and have percussion options. It is very user friendly, very versatile, the keys are weighted and has a full 88 keys. As always, Yamaha makes some of the best equipment and sound replication. The price when I purchased mine was just over $800 through Kraft music online. As with many things today, the supply chain has caused some delays, so you'll need to check on availability. Just as an FYI, for the price range of $600-$800, your sound quality is not going to measure up to, for instance, a $12000 Yamaha CVP-809, but I found a slightly used Yamaha Stagepas 1K tower array amp/speaker system. The 1K signifies 1000 watts so the sound quality is excellent. The Stagepas can be also used for small venues, (less than 100), is Bluetooth compatible, and has a 5 channel mixer, so you can fine tune your sound as well as accommodate other instruments/mics, etc. Just something to think about.

Reaction score
Not sure if you would be up for this but a midi controller keyboard with a software synth or even a DAW running a piano emulator/voice. Check out VCV Rack which is free to download and there are ready built patches of all kinds of instruments on the Forums.

Reaction score
$699 USD, Medeli AKX10 Arranger keyboard. ($533 USD, from Thomann)
+ Microphone input (vocoder, harmonizer)
+ Good I/O (MIDI in/out, USB to host, to device, audio in/out, bluetooth)
+ Audio-over-USB (no need for separate cables)
+ User adjustable lights
+ Styles, songs, 1+3 more layered sounds
+ VOICE: 1100 + 256 GM2 + 512 users

Looks like it is a worthy competitor of the Yamaha PSRSX700 $1599.
986 Voices + 41 Drum/SFX Kits
Exceeds the Casio MZ-X500 (minus some I/O - sliders, pads)

Reaction score
$699 USD, Medeli AKX10 Arranger keyboard. ($533 USD, from Thomann)
+ Microphone input (vocoder, harmonizer)
+ Good I/O (MIDI in/out, USB to host, to device, audio in/out, bluetooth)
+ Audio-over-USB (no need for separate cables)
+ User adjustable lights
+ Styles, songs, 1+3 more layered sounds
+ VOICE: 1100 + 256 GM2 + 512 users

Looks like it is a worthy competitor of the Yamaha PSRSX700 $1599.
986 Voices + 41 Drum/SFX Kits
Exceeds the Casio MZ-X500 (minus some I/O - sliders, pads)
(the "edit" function would not open the old post)
A gushing review :

Ask a Question