New!

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a Master's student at North Carolina State University studying Human Factors & Ergonomics, concentrating in Human-Computer Interaction. I am enrolled in a course where I must document myself learning & developing a skill. I chose the keyboard just because I have always wanted to learn an instrument and think I would enjoy it.

Being a COMPLETE novice in everything musical, I was looking for some guidance on where to get started. Books? DVDs? Private lessons? Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have already acquired a used keyboard (Casio CTK-593) from a friend on the cheap. Hopefully that will be sufficient.

Thanks in advance for any help, can't wait to get started!

Reaction score
I would definitely recommend private lessons, since you can't get feedback with DVDs or books. I.ex the angle of your hands, without someone to correct your errors, you will probably end up with a bad angle, making it harder to play.

As you're getting more familiar with the very basics, you could start trusting more in books and DVDs, knowing that if you're doing something wrong, you can correct it yourself, or with the help of your private teacher.

I wish you good luck in your learning process :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golek

Latest Threads