PC3K Pattern Chaining & Muting

Reaction score
I have a computer-free setup for sequencing / arranging (mostly XoX) and want to incorporate a workstation in my setup and am looking at the PC3K

My workflow is largely pattern based so want to ensure I can incorporate the PC3K in to my workflow.

I read the manual and googled my questions but am still not entirely clear as to how the PC3K handle patterns. They seem to allow pattern recording, but I can't seem to find if they actually allow you to chain / mute patterns like you could on a Yamaha Motif or an Electribe.

Could anyone who owns a PC family workstation comment on how patterns work? It would be most appreciated!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I own a PC3K but don't use the onboard sequencer, preferring instead to use a computer based sequencer for my Riffs and patterns.

AFAIK the PC3K doesn't really have a pattern sequencer per se, but rather uses Riffs programmable and preprogrammed into the onboard sequencer.

It also has an enormous number of built in arpeggios using the arpeggiator function. Over a thousand if I remember correctly.

Plus I guess it's possible to create and store your own arpeggios inasmuch as pretty much everything on the PC3 series is programmable to large extent.

I'll wait for Delaware Dave to chime in on this as he has had much more experience with his Kurzweil than I have.

I also noticed you posted over on Ksetlist. Good move. Hippogrito (aka Fran) over there actually works for Kurzweil.

You might also want to post your question over on http://cunka.com since that is pretty much rthe goto place for all matters technical concerning Kurzweil keys.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Gary! Riffs seem to be a very interesting concept - something I have not really seen on other workstations. I just registered over at Mastering VAST as well. I appreciate it!

Ask a Question