Rode NT1A and 15v phantom power

Reaction score
I want to add some vocals to my home studio setup and narrowed it down to this mic ;

Specs say 48v phantom power…. I have a Behringer Q502USB mixer but that has only 15v phantom power, so in theory, not sufficient.
However, 15v shouldn’t have to be a problem, especially with this mixer (according to what I’ve read online), a very popular model (so is that Rode mic, apparently).

So, basically, will this mic work with my mixer, or should I look for another mixer or probably a usb mic ?

Reaction score
You are on the right track with a Rode, I have a pair of them that I have used for the last twenty years.

Rather than just a Mike go for the Studio Kit which includes a shield, suspension mount and a power supply come interface unit.

Reaction score
You are on the right track with a Rode, I have a pair of them that I have used for the last twenty years.

Rather than just a Mike go for the Studio Kit which includes a shield, suspension mount and a power supply come interface unit.

That’s the NT1, about 100 euro more expensive than the NT1-A...
This is the pack I’m talking about :

My Q502usb mixer has an audio interface built in, I’m just checking whether the phantom power provided would be enough...

Ask a Question