Schematics for Kurzweil Mark 5 - specifically Engine board?

Reaction score
In follow up to my earlier post about a Mark 5 that powers up but produces no sound -

I managed to acquire a Service Manual and have performed all the diagnostic tests. The result of that is that the Sound test failed while all others passed. According to the SM, it seems likely that the analog circuit on the Engine board is likely at issue. I'm happy to have ruled lots of other things out but now need to try to find a schematic. Support won't give me one of course, even though it's a d/c'ed product. Does anyone have the schematics for this board or preferably the whole set for this instrument?

Thank you!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here's a $20 book that will guide you thru the repair SAFELY with or without a schematic.

I highly recommend you give it a thorough read before you ever plug in your soldering iron.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Sorry to jump in here (totally new to this sort of thing). This has nothing to do with Kurzweil, but it has got to do with schematics and keyboard repair. I own an Orla DMK7, but unfortunately the power supply is completely dead. It's absolutely impossible to get any circuit diagrams in order to carry out any repair, as a lot of the components have no values marked on them, so I'd very much appreciate if anyone would have schematics or a service manual or any experience of this keyboard. Thanks in anticipation.

Reaction score
Here's a $20 book that will guide you thru the repair SAFELY with or without a schematic.

I highly recommend you give it a thorough read before you ever plug in your soldering iron.

Gary ;)

Sorry to jump in here (totally new to this sort of thing). This has nothing to do with Kurzweil, but it has got to do with schematics and keyboard repair. I own an Orla DMK7, but unfortunately the power supply is completely dead. It's absolutely impossible to get any circuit diagrams in order to carry out any repair, as a lot of the components have no values marked on them, so I'd very much appreciate if anyone would have schematics or a service manual or any experience of this keyboard. Thanks in anticipation.

Someone in this thread has DMK8 schematics. Might be worth connecting with them (unless that's you - Sorry, can't tell from your username!)

Ask a Question