Sell Casio Privia Pro Px5s and get Kawai ES7?

Reaction score
Hello guys I need your help.
I bought the Priva Px5s 1 month ago but now I rethink the whole situation:
This is my first DP so Im mostly gonna play at home. I also want speakers so people like friends or family members can here me playin when they come over. I couldnt find any good sounding battery powered speaker so the battery option on the Px5s is kinda useless. Instead of gettin external speakers to the stagepiano I thought of selling mine and add the money that I would spend on studio monitors to get a Kawai ES7. I already tested them side by side and the ES7 definitly got the better action.
It would also weight the same as the Px5s AND the external pa speakers or whatever
Does this even make sense? Please write your opinion.

Much love

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Offhand I'd say you're experiencing a classic case of buyer's remorse.

From what I saw on Amazon the Kawai costs more than twice as much as the PX5S.

Believe me, you can pick up a decent set of studio monitors for a lot less than an extra $1400.

Otherwise, I'd say the Casio is technologically superior to the Kawai which only offers a handful of voices compared to the 500 or 600 offered by the Casio.

But really it boils down to what you are looking for in your instrument.

If all you really want to accomplish is sit down and play classical tunes and not use MIDI or sequencer features to create orchestrated pieces, then yeah, maybe the Kawai is for you.

On the other hand if you plan to grow along with the keyboard and explore all of the voicings and possible registration settings and create orchestrated pieces, then the Casio is definitely the better of the two.

It really all just boils down to your current and future skill levels and what you would be comfortable with.

Personally I'd rather have the cheaper, fully functional machine in my home than an overpriced piece of faux furniture. ;)

Gary

As for the battery power of the Casio, it's really meant to operate as backup power in a stage setting when someone accidentally kicks out the power cord in the middle of a set. It's also useful as a backup supply when doing a firmware upgrade.

Ask a Question