How much could I sell a Roland E-09 for?

Reaction score
Apologies if I shouldn't be posting it here, but it seemed to be the closest forum on here.

I have a Roland E-09 in great condition that gets very little use, and I just don't really need it anymore (looking to get an electric piano soon). However, I can't find any for sale online, so I have no idea what kind of price that it should be selling for.

Please can somebody inform me?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
There's a Keyboard Classifieds Section right after this one.

https://www.keyboardforums.com/forums/keyboard-classifieds.41/

As for the Roland?

Ebay lists a couple between $400 and $650 USD

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=roland+e-09&_sacat=0

Your asking price will also depend on what venue you use to sell it (ie. Ebay, Craigslist, etc...) as well as additional costs if you are willing to ship it or prefer to sell locally.

Generally speaking I never buy or sell on ebay, preferring instead to deal locally with craigslist and kijiji which is yet another classified ad service located in Canada.

This way I can actually try out the merchandise and I don't have to deal with the headaches of cross border shipping and scam artists out to make a quick buck at my expense.

Also generally speaking, asking prices are about 20% higher on ebay than they are on craigslist since aside from the obvious problems I mentioned they are also generally a bunch of d*cks :p

So what you ask and what you get are entirely different things depending on where you sell it.

If you end up selling to a pawn shop you'd be lucky to get $100 for it.

Everything's relative :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks very much! And things being relative was the reason behind my problem to begin with. I'm in the UK and saw that an expired Gumtree listing of an E-09 from just a few weeks ago, had the price of £150. Of course, I don't know whether it sold or what lower offers they might have got.

I phoned the local music tech store, and they said in a part exchange, they would only give me £40! As the store has since been taken over by a bigger chain, the man behind the till quietly advised me not to sell it there, because of the tiny offer that they had no control over. This range meant I had no idea what it was TRULY worth (I bought it new from that very store about 5-6 years ago, and it cost just over £300).

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
In that case, if you truly got 5 or 6 years good use out of it and it only cost you 300 UK Pounds then you should price it to sell at about 60% of original price and let it go if someone offers you 50% for a quick sale.

That way neither you nor the buyer are getting screwed.

However I do realize that the pound has plummeted since Brexit and the cost of replacing it with a newer keyboard has also appreciated by about 25% but it really boils down to what you think your use of it was worth to you and what you think the local traffic will bear as a selling price.

That's my $0.02 :D

Gary ;)

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
Ebay lists a couple between $400 and $650 USD

When looking at eBay, there's a checkbox on the left side of the screen. Check the box for Sold listings. Then you'll see what they actually got.

If you search for a Tyros 5 76, you'll find a bunch of listings at over $5,000. Basically, the same price as the Sweetwater and Sam Ash sites. But if you look at what actually sold, you'll find several at $4,000, and one for $4,200. I can't find a single sale at the high prices asked.

Don't expect to get what the music stores want.

Ask a Question