Technics SX-KN3000 some strange 'distorted phase noise' while playing... What is this

Reaction score
Hi
Recently I bought an used Technics SX-KN3000 Electronic Keyboard/Arranger. The problem is that while playing any sound preset/bank I can hear some 'phase distorted sound’. After releasing a key the sound is still audible for about 2 second (depends on the instrument preset) and then violently disappears. It doesn't got anything to do with effects, because it's audible when effects are on and off.

I checked all the menu thinking, that there can be some 'hidden' thing/effects what making that noise, however I didn't find anything. The problem exists on any volume. level of the distorted sound is NOT changing with velocity, so whether I pressing the key strong or soft the distorted sound is on the same level/volume. I checked and the distortion exist on built-in speakers, line out and headphones out. The noise is not so loud, however I would like to record loops into logic, so the sound quality is important.

I Reseted the keyboard to the factory settings with no results. also i plugged some other instrument to line in and when the other instrument is playing thru the keyboard no distortion is audible.

In few words while playing on the keyboard - percussion, pianos etc. there is like two sounds coming out one, which should be audible and one the noise, which shouldn't.

...so does any know the reason and how can it be fixed? Is it broken? thanks in advance for your reply and sorry for my english (it's my foreign language). Hope you understand me. :)

Reaction score
Have you checked the modulation wheel is in the down position ? This has caught me out several times.

Reaction score
im having the same problem with my kn3000 technics keyboard..i have try many things..by turning off the main switch..and on but still..not solve the problem..its funny..when i press down one of the keys..the high note sound comes..and the whole key board..keys dont works..

Reaction score
Hi
Recently I bought an used Technics SX-KN3000 Electronic Keyboard/Arranger. The problem is that while playing any sound preset/bank I can hear some 'phase distorted sound’. After releasing a key the sound is still audible for about 2 second (depends on the instrument preset) and then violently disappears. It doesn't got anything to do with effects, because it's audible when effects are on and off.

I checked all the menu thinking, that there can be some 'hidden' thing/effects what making that noise, however I didn't find anything. The problem exists on any volume. level of the distorted sound is NOT changing with velocity, so whether I pressing the key strong or soft the distorted sound is on the same level/volume. I checked and the distortion exist on built-in speakers, line out and headphones out. The noise is not so loud, however I would like to record loops into logic, so the sound quality is important.

I Reseted the keyboard to the factory settings with no results. also i plugged some other instrument to line in and when the other instrument is playing thru the keyboard no distortion is audible.

In few words while playing on the keyboard - percussion, pianos etc. there is like two sounds coming out one, which should be audible and one the noise, which shouldn't.

...so does any know the reason and how can it be fixed? Is it broken? thanks in advance for your reply and sorry for my english (it's my foreign language). Hope you understand me. :)
Please can you tell me whether you resolved this issue as my father in law is having the same issue on his KN6500
Brian
(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question