Vox VX50KB amp

Reaction score
Question about the Vox VX50KB amp : it has 3 CH 1/4 inch inputs, 1 and 2 for keyboards, CH3 for a mic. I assume they’rr all TS.
It also has a 1/8 TRS aux input and a 1/8 TRS headphone output.
Finally, there’s a 1/4 inch Line Out for connecting to a PA, but it’s not clear whether that Line out is mono TS or stereo TRS.

Can anyone enlighten me ?

Reaction score
The manual, such that it is, does not provide a lot of specific information.

There is a signal path diagram that shows inputs and outputs.

From this diagram the 3 channel inputs are TS.

The Aux input is TRS

The output is TS.

Page 4

I have not heard the KB version but I have played Bass guitar via the BA version and was very impressed with it, the sound quality was very good and cranking up the volume had the sales staff bopping away at the far end of the store 20m away so more than enough volume for a small venue.

Reaction score
I also heard in a Youtube presentation that you can combine the CH1 and CH2 to connect the L+R output of the keyboard or DP to have a 'stereo' input. But if the Line out on the amp is TS, then I don't see the point, really.

I am still looking for a 2nd DP for my appartment. Was going for the SV2 but it's rather on the expensive side .
Anyway, the other options I was considering, the PX-S1000 and the Kawai ES110, will not do as I just won't be able to stand the flimsy plastic construction. The Korg D1 has been on my radar since the first time I saw it, and I know that it feels really solid and is really nice to play. So I was thinking it could be combined quite nicely with something like this Vox amp (especially with a white D1 ;) ).

Tell me something : I'm a novice when it comes to amps, TS, TRS and all that, but I've read somewhere that sometimes, both left and right channels on a DP are combined in the L/Mono output of a DP when you're only using the Left Line out. So how would that work with the D1 ? What about the sound when using headphones ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
As the VX50KB is designed with two inputs for a keyboard I would make use of them despite the output being mono, the electronics will have been designed for just this setup.

If you remember my post on budget DP’s you may remember the order that I placed them

Yamaha P121/125
Roland FP30
Yamaha P45
Casio PX S1000
Roland FP10
Korg D1

The Kawai I tried had a terribly noisy keybed, way way worst than the video you posted

By the time you add in the cost of an amp to a D1 the combined cost will exceed a Yamaha DGX which would be my choice.

I am certainly well pleased with my P121, the piano sounds from it leave the Korg in the kids corner, yes the other instrument sounds are a bit to shrill and overly bright for my taste but at £450 I do not expect that much from a DP.

Reaction score
Well, perhaps everybody will want to strike me down but I find the AP's on the D1 the best, in this price category, mind you (with the exception of the ES110).
The DGX is a bit too old for my taste and I know the GHS keybed won't meet my expectations (at this price point, Korg's RH3 trumps all the rest, even Roland's PHA4).
The P125 seemed like a likely candidate but I dismissed it for the keybed as well. But thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new at this, just got my first electric keyboard a couple weeks ago, a PX-S3000.
Been thinking about upgrading to either Studio Monitors or a KB amp, and have been looking at the Vox50KB.
Am I correct in assuming that when connected you can still control volume with the rotary dial on the keyboard, or is the volume only controllable on the amp itself?

Reaction score
Yes.

On my digital piano I have turned off the internal speakers and I feed the output to a pair of powered monitor speakers, the volume control on my keyboard adjusts the volume from the speakers.

Reaction score
Biggles, just out of curiosity, which monitors do you have?
Been looking at getting a pair of Studio Monitors or a single KB Amp, haven't decided yet which to do

Reaction score
I bought a pair of PreSonus Eris, specifically the 4.5 model which is OK for my use as I mainly play wearing headphones and the Monitors do not get much use. A factor also for me is that I did not want to spend to much.

If you search for other posts, monitors have been discussed many times

Reaction score
Been looking at getting a pair of Studio Monitors or a single KB Amp, haven't decided yet which to do
For home stationary use, studio monitors will give you more accurate sound (and stereo), which should be especially beneficial for the acoustic piano sounds. But if you need something more mobile, then the Vox seems like an option worth looking into, if that's the target price range.

Ask a Question